Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wolverine vs. raptor in tight woods

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wolverine vs. raptor in tight woods

I own a Wolverine, and I like it a lot. But it ain't gonna beat a Raptor in the woods. Too much power difference, and too much weight difference.

Like Warrior 007 said, try the ANF bike trail at Marienville. It is tight, gnarly and rocky, and yes, I work my a@@ off when riding it. No way am I gonna keep up with a Raptor on it. Mind you, there is virtually no mud there, but I don't think it would matter.

You are really comparing apples and oranges here.

Old 06-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the wolverine guys I have raced 7 GNCC's so far this year in the morning race and the only Yamaha beating my stock Wolverine engine with just a Big Gun exhaust is another utility quad and I dont consider thoes races tight at all. In fact most are a little too open for my likings but I'm still putting in better lap times than any raptor in the field. they are good for one place OPEN! The wolverine actually pulls good through the tight stuff because you can just pin it thru the turns and the front wheels pull you. Wolverines rule (I still want a YFZ450 though!)

Old 06-10-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive never had the opertunity to run a raptor through the woods, but I have raced 400EXs with light mods through the woods and you all know that 400s run good in the woods. With the light mods that i had before the big ones here I could run right with him. He was a good rider too, he impressed me on some of that rough stuff with a 2wd. He had raced GNCC too. On the straight stretches all the way down the road he was about 2mph faster than me on top end, but he got there alot quicker. Not bad for a 4x4. When we would run top speed side by side, it would take him a long straight to pass me. His bike had a Big Gun Race pipe and an Uni filter and was professionally jetted. I had a White Bros. E-Series, extra discs, torque stuffer, LRD Intake, and a jet kit.