Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help with quiet aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 03:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quiet aftermarket exhaust

I know the question has been asked a million times, but I'm in the market for an aftermarket exhaust for my 2001 Warrior. I am really leaning towards the WB E-series with a stage I or II kit. My main objective is for a quiet setup since I ride in a somewhat noise sensitive area. I have heard the quiet core insert is also recommended to achieve this and I plan to purchase one of those as well.

I bought the Warrior with the stock muffler and pipe minus the internal baffle and it's just too darn loud. I have also heard the E-series can be potentially loud but can be tuned down as well. Any idea if the WB E-series will at least be quieter than what I have now? If my current setup wasn't so loud I would be glad to keep it.

Any other alternatives or suggestions for a quiet aftermarket exhaust?

One last thing. I found a dealer offering me a NEW WB E-series pipe, DynoJet kit & K&N filter with shipping included for $330. The quiet core insert is an additional $30. Seems like a good deal, but would appreciate any advice.

-=TIA=-

Old 05-20-2003, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Help with quiet aftermarket exhaust

I have the full Yoshimura for my Raptor and it is pretty loud but that is because I took out the spark arrestor and have not replaced the packing after about 80 hours of riding. I would reccomend this pipe to you because Yoshimura makes a very quiet insert for their pipes called a TEC kit. As long as you keep the packing fresh this setup should only put out around 94-96 decibels, which is very quiet in my book.

Hope this helps you.

Wall Street

Old 05-20-2003, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

FMF has a Q-exhaust u should check out.
Where did you find the deal?

Old 05-20-2003, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

Well, I went ahead and ordered the White Bros E-series with the quiet core and a Quad Works stage I kit. With so many rave reviews for the E-series, I figured I can't go wrong.

I appreciate the advice WallStreet and Fenton, I know Yosh and FMF make excellent products.

Oh and Fenton, the deal I found was through ATV Addiction. I have gotten some great deals from them in the past through eBay.