Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Well, I purchased the Warrior.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 09:53 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, I purchased the Warrior.

I would check ebay for quad stuff. I check it all the time, and buy stuff once in a while. I just got a new helmet for my wife for 55 bucks shipped.

As far as the 10 hour check, I don't know for sure. I did my oil changes myself. I just took my Warrior in this weekend for its first service. I have had it for six months, which may have been a little late on the service, but it was running good. FYI, my service cost $85, so if you can do that everytime the dealer suggests it, thats up to you.

Here are some good web sites I have ordered from, for gear:
www.denniskirk.com
www.chaparralmotorsports.com

My Warrior is stock except for skid plates. I plan on just riding it. Then when I start to wants something bigger I will mod. it more.

Have fun riding!

Old 05-26-2003, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

Why do you want cheap goggles? Are your eyes not worth the money?

Old 05-26-2003, 03:58 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for all the input everyone.
2000IAWarrior or anyone else. Do you have a pic of the speedo installed on a warrior? </FONT>

Still undecided on whether or not to take it to the dealer after 10 hours. They "said" they will adjust valves but I sure want to get my money's worth. They quoted me $100 - $115.

Loadtoad84 I never said I wanted cheap goggles. I want inexpensive ones. I'm just not going to pay extra $$$ for the name brand if I can find some decent ones for a little less. What is wrong with these?
http://rockymountainatv.com/home.asp...orona%2BGoggle~~

mascman So is Clymers manual the best one to get? Do you have a link?

As far as mods go to make it faster, they will have to wait. This thing is plenty fast for the trails I ride in. I would be interested in protection for the atv (skid plates, etc.) Any particular skid plates? Links to them would be great also.

Thanks again for the help.

Old 05-26-2003, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

yea glad to help i have a pic of the speedo well i can take one give me a day or so and ill post one on and let ya know..

Old 05-26-2003, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

get a pair of Thor goggles i think they are great and they are made by Scott

Old 05-26-2003, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Woohoo! I just got a Warrior last night too. It's a 2001 with Renthal bars and some kind of handguards. It's only been ridden 7 times. The only thing I don't like about it is how hard it can be to shift, especially getting into neutral. Is there a fairly short shift lever off of another quad that might fit on there and still be the same distance from your foot that the stock shifter is? Thanks a lot.

Old 05-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

I think it was 25 or 28 bucks to ship my tires and wheels. At first the guy told me 50, I nearly had a stroke, then he said 30 and ill send back the change. Which he did. Then my dad did some shopping around on ebay and got a barely used name brand helmet (shoie or something like that, its street bike not atv) for 15 bucks, 25 shipped.

Old 05-26-2003, 09:56 PM
Range Rover

I am not sure if there is anything BETTER than the Clymer's manual or not. I found it pretty helpfull when I tore my motor apart. It has pretty good details for the home mechanic...other books want you to take it to the shop for any repairs.

I don't have a link, but the bike shop should have them.

Old 05-26-2003, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

Guess I misunderstood you. Sorry.

But remember you get what you pay for.

Old 05-27-2003, 08:28 AM
Trailblazer

Greetings fellow mudlings
Yes de8212 I agree with mascman that the Clymer manuals are very good and give you all the information that you will need.
You should be happy with this link to the Clymer manuals and Armordillo plastic skid plates "try it you'll like it". www.atvtires.com [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Well, I purchased the Warrior.