Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Well, I purchased the Warrior.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 08:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, I purchased the Warrior.

I picked up my 2003 Warrior last Friday. Went riding on Saturday for about 2 hrs and had a blast.

Here is a pic http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/180...1306467_vl.jpg

Now on to the questions. I went ahead and scheduled my first service w/the dealer. They said to have 10 hrs on the atv but how important is that? IOW what if I only have 5-7 hours by that date? Should I reschedule for another day?

Where can I order some inexpensive riding goggles?

I'm sure I'll think of other questions soon.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Old 05-25-2003, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

it shouldnt be that big of deal i dont think but ask the dealer 1st.. try www.denniskirk.com or rockymountainatv.com.. the warrior is a blast and can last for ever.. next step i reccomend is getting a pro flow and k%n and a Pro Curcuit T4 exhaust and some new meats on it to get those ballons off

Old 05-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Range Rover

thanks for the info 2000IAWarrior

BTW what is a trail tech speedo? It sounds self explanitory but I've never heard of it.

Old 05-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

its a speedometer made by trail tech i love mine.. top speed of my warrior right now stock is 61.3 on pavement and it hink if i pull the baffle out and try it again it would do around 64 or so.. go to www.trailtech.net and then under dealer locator or just order one from www.rockymountain.com the hardest part of the install is getting the rotor bolt out nice unit but it was liek 75$ but i think it was worth it.. if u get it though i rccomend the billet protector.. if ya need ne hting else just pm me or reply back

Old 05-25-2003, 04:03 PM
Range Rover

if u get it though i rccomend the billet protector
I'll do some research on it. What is this and why do you recommend it????

thanks again for your help.

Old 05-26-2003, 12:21 AM
Range Rover

For goggles...the dealership should have them. You should get a discount on parts...if not then ASK for one. Any reputable dealer will give you a discount when you buy a new machine from them.

On the service, you should learn how to change oil and adjust the valves yourself...it will save you money in the long run. Get the Clymer's manual...it's pretty good.

The first mod I recommend is a pipe/air filter change. Tires are a big help also. Works shocks are a major improvement, but pretty expensive. When you are ready, the motor can be built to 30 hp. Mine will pull away from a 400ex and hang with KFX400...but they both have a big advantage on suspension.

Have fun and enjoy your new machine! There are a ton of aftermarket parts for the Warrior.
Mascman's Warrior Pic

Old 05-26-2003, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

the billet protector just makes it look nice and a better place to mount it the stock warrior is a pain to mount it any where

Trending Topics

Old 05-26-2003, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Ebay is your friend. Tires and wheels, etc... its all on there cheapo. 20" with flat profile are probably the best for trails. 22 if you really need clearance. Dont worry about hopping it up yet. Save that till you have it mastered and get that lil feeling "I need more". Once it starts it never stops, better to prolong it.

Old 05-26-2003, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much does it cost to ship tires and wheels(together and seperate)? What shipping method do you prefer? I've always avoided buying tires online, 'cause I figured it would cost a small fortune...

Old 05-26-2003, 09:05 AM
Trailblazer

Hello fellow mud beings
I think taking your new atv to the dealer after 10 hours is just their way of getting some extra money out of you real quick. My friend is a mechanic at one of the shops and says they only change the oil and spark plug at the 10 hour checks and never even adjust the valves. He recommends 50 to 100 hours before servicing unless the valves get noisy. As far as accessories go try www.atvtires.com I shop there quite often [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Well, I purchased the Warrior.