Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster vs. Warrior. What do you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster vs. Warrior. What do you choose?

i'm voteing for the blaster also. should come out of the turns hotter if he knows how to ride and burst out with the powerband.jmo

Old 05-27-2003, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

Toomey.....thats what I thought he would have to do but his spark plug is the right color and it runs fine. He should get the jets. They are only like 3$. I am gettin bigger jets soon too. We should race this weekend if it dries up. I went out today but it was WAY to muddy to think about racing. It wasnt even fun riding because it was nasty. I was doing wheelies the whole time. Mud gives good traction [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I will keep ya guys posted. 4 stroke all the way!! LoL

Old 05-27-2003, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

ya unless you are at a weird altitute you should have to rejet because with the new pipe it allows more flow and you should need more gas to compensate...but i geuss if it runs good i would just try a little bigger just to see if it works better there cheap and you can't hurt it by being rich so why not...

Old 05-27-2003, 09:37 PM

You must be running massivly lean, you did not rejet at all? In my poinion you should rejet asap, running lean like that is NOT good on the motor, and takes away from your power. My vote is for the blaster, from what the track sounds like, experience, and since I had a warrior and know what they are like, I believe that the blaster will win. I'm not daying either one of you will blow eachother away, I just think he's gonna muscle ya, But who knows.

Patrick

Old 05-27-2003, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

I've raced hooked up blasters with my stock warrior so many times and won like 3 outs 4 races, even with another person on my quad. So being a warrior owner myself i'd prolly go with that machine. But sometimes it also depends on whos riding the quad, like if they had experience before. Givin my cousin doesnt know shyt about quads, i could give him a raptor with me on a yamaha breeze and i'd still smoke his a$$. Well i said all i could say for today. Have a jolly good time everyone. To all a good night and a good night to all.....r'somethin along those lines.....i heard santa say it once......i'll jus shutup now

Old 05-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

You got yourslef confused.. I dont have the Blaster, my jetting is fine. I dont kno why but he doesnt have to (well it doesnt look like) he will have to re-jet..I am not sayin its right I am jst sayin the plug looks fine..but hey, it aint my quad..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I think I am gonna beat him. His motor is old and he bought the Blaster used a few weeks after Xmas.. We will find out when it dries up

Old 05-27-2003, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

what year is it. has he done a compression test. if he has the money he might want to look into a rebuild.

but anyways good luck. it will probably come done more to rider anyways

peace

Old 05-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer

Its a 2001. The compression seems fine. The motor wasnt beat when he got it. He barely rides it also. I think he spends more time cleaning it then he does riding. That thing is shiny after every run. With me its a bit different. I just get out my 3600PSI Pressure washer and spray it down real good.

Old 05-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer

Well the Warrior is a 350 four stroker up on a 200 2 stroker. 4 strokes is just better than 2!

Old 05-27-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

oh ok ic sorry i just got the impression that is was like a 1990-95

Quick Reply: Blaster vs. Warrior. What do you choose?