Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

slip on for rappy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slip on for rappy?

i cant decide between the yoshi or the alien. I cant afford a full system so that rules out the sparks pipe. I heard the alien doesnt sacrifice any top end. does this mean all other pipes do? i just want a good pipe that sounds great. any opinions are greatly appreciated!

Old 05-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

I have the Pro Circuit T-4 slip-on, and I really like it. It has a great sound and powerband from bottom to top is excellent. JMO...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

wow, i wasnt even considering it until now. Ok. Anybody else? what about white bros e? what bout yoshi? what bout Alien? what about BIG Gun?

BTW, if anyone has had a relibility issue with one of these id like to know. thanks

Old 05-26-2003, 10:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I would not buy the "Alien" without the complete exhaust....which "makes" the Alien. We all hear the Yoshi is a good muffler. I can personally voutch for the E-series silencer.....check out all of the shootouts at ANY level....the E-series is always around the top. The Big Gun is..well....do a search and read up from our straight up members. HMF is another reasonable alternative that is a straight-thru design.

Old 05-26-2003, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

so you think i should go with the white bros e series slip on?

Old 05-26-2003, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

I just put the yoshi and uni air filter on my raptor and re-jetted. I could really really feel the difference in power and i like it. It is a quality product that will last also.The only other pipe i was able to race against was someone with an fmf pipe with a k&n, and I beat him by about 4-5 quad lengths.

Old 05-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

We all hear the Yoshi is a good muffler. I can personally voutch for the E-series silencer.....YOUR QUOTE GARY660

may be a stupid question, but a muffler and a silencer are the same thing correct? i think its between the e series and the yoshi slip on. do both sacrifice top end power? which sounds better. Which is better quality? thanks

Old 05-27-2003, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

I have the e-series and I love it, all disc-ed (my own made up word) out it is a little on the loud side but I personally love the rumble. The boss over at DAB racing told me to go with the e-series slip on for now, and next winter when we do the motor mods then go with the yoshi full system then the whole system will be new. Sounded like a good idea to me so that is what I intend to do.

Old 05-27-2003, 08:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: warrior86
but a muffler and a silencer are the same thing correct? i think its between the e series and the yoshi slip on. do both sacrifice top end power? which sounds better. Which is better quality? thanks
Muffler and silencer are one in the same. Either you choose will yield excellent results properly jetted.

Old 05-27-2003, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider

ok, thanks. which is less loud?

Quick Reply: slip on for rappy?