Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How was everyones memorial day?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How was everyones memorial day?

it'sa those damm 2 wheelers coming around the corners,those are my stomping ground and i will be back soon...it is nice and alot of good trails if you know where they are,,

Old 05-27-2003, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

Raptorx44:
i bought it previously with a slightly bent axle then it bend more after riding at my camp, i have heard the 99s have trouble with the rear axles though. btw can they be bent back?

Old 05-27-2003, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your best bet is to go with an aftermarket axle. Shop around.

Old 05-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

I decided to stay home and kick it at the beach all weekend and it was FOGGY [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Hermosa Beach web cam

Old 05-27-2003, 05:25 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

raptor03, if that was in my direction I loved Hungry Valley. My favorite is a toss up between there and Hollister. Hollister gets a leg up on "safety" if you will as darn near EVERY trail there is one way only. I think Hungry Valley only has one One-Way and I think that's a Black Diamond and I go no further than the sign to those trails. We just entered a trail and were climbing up a blind left hand turn and went head to head with a group of quads coming down. Took about 10 min to get everything sorted.

Hollister also wins on shade. A lot of the nicer trails are practically covered in shade. And the campgrounds are solid trees.

We rode Powerline 2x, Pipeline 2x, East Something 2x (connects Pipeline and Powerline.) We also took some trail to the west of Gold Hill Rd that looped around (Clockwise) to Powerline. Other then that it was pretty much open riding.

We only had one accident, 1 bike landed leaning and he slid out. Just added another dent to his pipe. One other person flirted with catastrophe when he got stuck about 9/10 up a hill climb.

Most of the group I ride with (with the exception of one) prefer Pismo. Dune after dune gets old real quick.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-27-2003, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

well i am glad you liked it.. where is hollister hills?

yea the one one way sucks and i think there needs to be more or you will see that hellicopter alot more..i ride mostley dunes but never hesitate for the desert.

Old 05-27-2003, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

Very $hitty! My DS decided to throw me off after it caught and fliped durring a roost, giving me BADLY bruised ribs and a sore a$$ shoulder. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2003, 07:12 PM
Royalty Rider

Memorial weekend was pretty boring for me....ended up not going to Pismo after all....Didnt even get on the bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Yeah it sucked....but I did get to shoot some mean-a$$ guns[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2003, 03:34 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Hollister Hills is in well, Hollister. Or right above it in the mountains to the south. Mapquest says that it is 290 miles from Sylmar. I-5, 152, 156. Inland from Monterey and Salinas. It was the first area my quad got ridden in. Can't wait to get back now that it's broken in and I'm not worried about blowing it up.

Hollister Hills S.V.R.A.

It's quite a bit smaller than Hungry Valley. More trees, especially to the north/northeast.

The trails were pretty smooth (not like a lot of the rocks stuff at Hungry Valley). I escaped a couple of encounters with rocks without any dented wheels. I felt 2 good hits on the stock rims. Next purchase will be some better tires w/rims for the trails. I was scared at some points of blowing a tire it was so rocky. Hopefully they will help me on the downhills. I would barely touch the rear breaks and the back end was locked up and sliding...not fun when you are following someone who isn't having the same problem.

I was lucky. Only lost a taillight to someone following me. We got stuck up in the brush to the west of Upper Scrub. Trying to get out I went down what I though was an exit, saw the rail fence and got smacked in the butt end by another warrior. Ten minutes later I made my way out of there and back to camp.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-28-2003, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

Well Queen, if ya can't go ridin', goin' shootin ain't bad either. Of course here in Montana you jest carry yer shootin iron WHILE you're ridin' in case you feel the need to whack across a canyon at some BFR's (Big ------ Rocks) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: How was everyones memorial day?