Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 02:01 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior mods

hey everyone,
i have a 2001 warrior 350. im wanting to put a new exhaust on it to make it loud and aggressive sounding. i also want some horsepower gains, but mostly sound is what im looking for. ive been looking at big gun,hmf,and dmc alien. what do ya'll think is the best choice
thanks

Old 05-29-2003, 05:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default warrior mods

sounds is a taste matter. The disc based ones usually have a loud clean thump thump, while the chambered or glass pack ones have more snarl and arent as clean sounding (in my experience, I havent heard all that many though). Almost any aftermarket one will be loud enough. I can get you a link to somones HMF (best pipe for the money) if you want, he videod himself revving it a little bit. White brothers also sounds good but it will cost you big time. I think HMF and White borthers are probably the best power wise.

Old 05-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default warrior mods

Jackal Warrior is the only warrior rider i've come across on this forum who know warriors. I also have a warrior and he's right on the money every time. Ask him about his warrior.

Old 05-29-2003, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior mods

for exhaust get a Pro Curcuit T-4 or Alba Pipe the Supertrapp wasnt a bad pipe but idk i didnt car for the sound of it. didnt really have that 4 stroke sound! but i have heard the T4 is Awsome or WB R-4

Old 05-29-2003, 01:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default warrior mods

Since you are looking for soun i'd say T4 is great as long as sound isn't an issue (like neighbors or police)

Old 05-29-2003, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default warrior mods

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior White brothers also sounds good but it will cost you big time.
I just purchased a WB E-series off of an eBay seller for $235, seemed pretty reasonable compared to a lot of the big internet ATV parts retailers. Most are selling that setup for $260 to $290 according to my ATV mags. My local "stealer" wanted over $300 for it.

In response to warriorracer350:
I did a lot of research before deciding on an exhaust for my warrior. I chose the White Brothers mostly because it came highly recommended. It looks nice and apparently sounds great. There also seems to be a ton of them out there so that's saying something. I actually wanted the opposite results, as a quieter sound than what I have now. Most people said the E-series is potentially loud but is very "tunable", so I went ahead and ordered the quiet core insert for it as well. I can't tell you what kinds of gains or what the sound is like yet, but once I get it installed and re-jetted I'll gladly post a follow-up.

Old 05-29-2003, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior mods

CObra jet system has good sound and can't beet the price just put one on my buddies bike for $130.00

Old 05-29-2003, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior mods

wat ever u do dont buy a DG pipe, cobra aint bad but woulndt reccomend it

Old 05-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior mods

I really like the E-series. It's a bit more expensive but the quality, fit-n-finish, and performance is excellent. And - it's "fine- tunable" via the discs in the rear.

Old 05-29-2003, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior mods

I had a cobra one time (got it on ebay for 60 bucks). It was too loud. My neighbor 8 houses down called and asked why I was riding around infront of his house, but I never left my yard. He was a WB with all the discs in on a 400ex. When he comes down the road it sounds about like a harley until he gets close and you can tell its only one cylinder.

You said you looked at HMF, have a listen to this and see if you like it. Its not mine btw, its something some guy on another forum posted.
*edit* NM, it has cursing, cant post it on here.

Quick Reply: warrior mods