Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pros & cons for offset front wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pros & cons for offset front wheels

I am going to be purchasing front wheels and tires and am considering getting offset red labels , the offsets will give me a little more
width but expose my calipers . Will these give me better handling with the added width ? I am predicting the fronts will even out
the added width I have in the back with the razr 2's.

Any replies are appreciated

Thanks

Old 05-30-2003, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

anyone

Old 05-30-2003, 03:25 PM
Range Rover

I just put offset fronts on mine, but for the sand. If you are gonna get them, you might want to try a wheel a bit stronger than the red label's, may hold up better. Handling is much better with the added width!

Old 05-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

THere NO cons to offset wheels. THe rotors still tuck back into the wheels fairly good, if you hit a rock that big your gonna have other problems. Go w/ the offset Wider is Better!!!!

Old 05-30-2003, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

Tie rods break easier.

Old 05-30-2003, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorCam
I just put offset fronts on mine, but for the sand. If you are gonna get them, you might want to try a wheel a bit stronger than the red label's, may hold up better. Handling is much better with the added width!
Which wheel is better then Douglas red labels?

Thanks again for all the input

Old 05-30-2003, 05:10 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Fast4wrd,

Go wide. My ladies z400 has the offset rims you are talking about and spacers in the back. It is almost as wide as my honda w/ +4 axle and +3 arms. You will go through ball joints faster than if you had stock offset. Don;t worry though. They will still last forever. It just puts more stress ont he ball joints since the weight is not centered over thme anymore. No worries, you should get them. My ladies offset fronts made them wider thatn the rears with the offfset rims I had for the back w/ her paddles.

Old 05-30-2003, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandneck
Fast4wrd,Go wide. My ladies z400 has the offset rims you are talking about and spacers in the back. It is almost as wide as my honda w/ +4 axle and +3 arms. You will go through ball joints faster than if you had stock offset. Don;t worry though. They will still last forever. It just puts more stress ont he ball joints since the weight is not centered over thme anymore. No worries, you should get them. My ladies offset fronts made them wider thatn the rears with the offfset rims I had for the back w/ her paddles.
Cool thats what I wanted to hear , for the sand should I use the stock fronts with paddles in the rear when I go duning ?

Old 05-30-2003, 05:30 PM
Range Rover

Which wheel is better then Douglas red labels?
Actually, those are the strong ones [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I got the blue and red confused..... I run the black labels without a hitch!

rspconcepts.com

Old 05-30-2003, 05:37 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Stock front as opposed to ?
I would run your new wider rims in the sand with whatever tires you get, I would say the width will help you more than the tread would hurt you, if that is what you are asking.
What tread are you getting?
Get red label. They are only like 15 bucks more. I cant tell you how many blue and black rims I have bent on stupid stuff you wouldn't hink would bend a rim.

Quick Reply: Pros & cons for offset front wheels