Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Quad for a 4 year old!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quad for a 4 year old!!

I never had a bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. I got an lt50 for my 5th christmas though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. That was one of the best days in my life, BULLETPROOF quad. When my sister turned 8 she had an lt80 but me and dad governed it down. There are 10yr old kids that ride modded kx80's in my town and jump triples on them. THere is not really a general age limit, all people are diff. IMO the 50 would suite him till he's about 6, maybe 7.

Mike

Old 06-02-2003, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

Man, how would it be to have enough guts to try those kinds of jumps at there age!!

~NuG~

Old 06-02-2003, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

I dont know, it still amazes me EVERY time I see it.

Mike

Old 06-02-2003, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Hats off to you, Chub, very sorry for your loss. I nearly lost my wife in a triple fatality accident a few years ago---life can be changed in an eyeblink. Much respect for you stepping up. My boys were on an LT50 at like 3 yrs, with me chasing them around the yard. Both went to a Blaster at 9. I think the Raptor 80 will work fine if the kid can reach the controls. You can set the throttle stop so it runs like a 50 or tops out at walking speed for that matter, then work up as experience allows. Either way, have it turned down to barely moving speed until Junior demonstrates a grasp of safety and control. Your honest judgement of his ability is the most important thing.

Old 06-02-2003, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

I want to get him the Raptor 80 but don't know how to set down the speed is there a how-to on this!! I know for sure that he can reach the controls and what not and he is definitely ready for a quad... Oh, and what is the price of a brand new Raptor 80 off the showroom floor... Generally what is the base price of them?

~NuG~

Old 06-02-2003, 01:59 AM
Range Rover

don't know the price of them but it's very easy to set the throttle limiter. there is a screw that sticks out of the throttle housing with a locknut, you just loosen the nut and crank the screw in. just make sure he's not watching you when you do it or he'll be doing a little adjusting of his own, if he's anything like my brother and i were.

Old 06-02-2003, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

Best place to buy is lake hills motors in mississippi(might be missouri, Im tired) Thers another one there too but cant remember the name.

Old 06-02-2003, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 660x2
just make sure he's not watching you when you do it or he'll be doing a little adjusting of his own, if he's anything like my brother and i were.

Only Time Will Tell... heh heh heh!!

~NuG~

Old 06-02-2003, 02:56 AM
Range Rover

I have a four year old daughter and was thinking the samething. I have taken her to the dealer to have her sit on them and she is perfect for the 50 but than again she will out grow it real fast. They grow up so fast.LOL. IMO the Lt80 or Pred 90 would ride better than the rappy 80. The rappy 80 is just an old badger with new plastics. I would love to get her the Predator 90 but just like they say turn the limiter down and watch them very close. You are a great brother and uncle. Much respect to you because it is not easy.I was 18 when I had mine and my wife was 16. Now I am 23 and she is 21 with another one due in Febuary.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Good luck with everything man and congrats to you for your upcoming kid in february... I know that it is hard cuz I am the only one left in the family, no mom or dad, and no brother anymore but I know that this is what he would want me to do and that is to get really close to his son for him and raise him like he would want me too. The predator seems like a great machine, he hasn't sat on one of the predator 90's and he had no problem whatsoever on the raptor 80 would he still be fine on the predator 90 cuz they both seem about the same height, right?

~NuG~

Quick Reply: Quad for a 4 year old!!