Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Haulers or Triple Buffs,for dragging and all around Dunning..

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haulers or Triple Buffs,for dragging and all around Dunning..

Need some info and some prices i expect to pay for a rim and tire combo,i ran against a sparks690 this weekend and he said the best was a triple buff 7paddle. not sure if that is tru but i want to get some straight paddles or the best V for allaround riding and racing,if the haulers or triple buffs dont make that much of a diffrence in all around riding then the V paddle will be cool.. thanks for the help guy's

Old 06-10-2003, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Triple buffs are great for dragging, but for all around they wont usually hold up. They are thin and tend to puncture fairly easily from what I have seen.

I would probably do regular haulers, or extreme haulers. The extreme has a paddle with kevlar molded into it, it is pretty strong. They hold up better if you have to go over any hardpack that is what I reccommend and use.

I would say 8 paddle is probably about right.

Check with rocky mtn atv, they tend to have really good prices, but I dont think they sell the triple buffs.

Bat

Old 06-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

the sparks boy's said they have ran all the paddles from 10 to a 7tripple buffs,and the seven out did them all,i am looking for a 8 paddle hauler when i buy again.

what rim size is the best between a 9 and10,no go for the 8...and what size tire? a 22 or a 20 ?

and i think the sizes are 20-11-9 or a 22-11-10. not sure if they offer them in a 11 or just 10's..

Old 06-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well it depends on where you dune! At Glamis, sand mountain,and all other places where thier are 500ft tall dunes, the 7 paddle would make since cause at the TOP 1/3 of the hill too many paddles will PULL all the horses out of your engine. Over hear in Sunny Oklahoma, we race Flat draggs and a 10 paddle gives you better acceleration, and the top-end doesn't suffer (too bad).

The advantages to a triple buff tire is that it is LIGHT,and it has a ROUND top to it, Most haulers are flat across the top. If you have a nice dome, the paddle will dig down into the "good" stuff and get you going sooner, but for trail/dune riding they will have more ROLL in the turns.

My .02

BIgger.

Old 06-10-2003, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

Raptor03 - what were the results between you and the sparks 690? What kind of drag, flats or uphill?

Old 06-10-2003, 10:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Skat trak makes different versions of the "hauler". There is the single buff hauler which all of you duners run. Then they make a double buff hauler which is like the triple buff, but roughly 2 pounds heavier. This is what i would recommend for you if your a duner as well. These tires hold up really well and are still pretty thick, and wont puncture as easily. Then the triple buff which is an all out drag tire. Ive ran mine for over a year straight now and they are just starting to fall apart here and there. Not once have i punctured this tire.

But overall id recommend the bead to bead hauler (its the double buff) for you. Id go with a 71inch rollout on 22x11x8 wheels.

Old 06-10-2003, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like good advice beechman, I had never heard of the double buff tires.

Bat

Old 06-10-2003, 11:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

they are most typically called bead to beads. I had 2 sets of brand new kevlar re-enforced bead to beads that i just sold. They are awesome dune/drag tires