Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HELP! my 03 blaster is brand new and my transmission locked up on me!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! my 03 blaster is brand new and my transmission locked up on me!!

I just purchased an 03 blaster about 2 and a half weeks ago. I havn't put any abnormal stress on it, just riding it around like normal. I've kept transmission oil in it and kept up with maintenance. but today i was riding and went to shift into second gear and it woulnd't budge. and it wont budge, it's locked up and stuck in first, wont even nudge upwards into neutral. does anybody know what could be wrong???
cheesy dealership better fix it for FREE ! or I'm gonna be hot.

blastridr

Old 06-14-2003, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

anyone?, I'm having trouble keeping this near the top

Old 06-14-2003, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Do you have any type of warranty on it??? That would help but there is no reason a bike that new should blow a tranny that fast, especially a Blater which is not known for tranny problems.

Old 06-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Range Rover

Did you use senthetic oil in your oil injector

-------------------------
03 raptor
03 blaster

Old 06-14-2003, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Did you try beating on it? Hop on it rock it back and forth and keep trying to shift it, mabe it'll pop back out. Yamaha's are notorius for having 'funny' trannys, sometimes they work, sometimes they lock, sometimes you can't find neutral, ect... I assume you ARE shifting with the clutch? If not then theres your problem probally sheered a tooth or bent the shift rod or something along those lines. First off I'd try hammering on it a little back and forth, h#ll its already broken correct? Can't hurt it too much... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Synthetic oil in your injector has NOTHING to do with anything about the tranny, strictly the top-end.

Old 06-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

what he^ said. my tranny locked up on me once so i kicked the quad a little and rocked it a couple times and presto! it was good as new. guess thats how you fix things in america....damn yamahas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2003, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah forgot to mention, on my blaster and banshee if I pull the clutch and come to a stop in 6th gear and shift down to first they almost always get "hung up" between first and second and I'll have to hop around and rock it back and forth to get it to catch.

Old 06-14-2003, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

hey thanks for all that hopping around advice, i havn't tried it yet. I have been using the clutch and there's plenty of tranny oil ( the right kind), everything is in perfect maintenance. it just wont even go up into neutral. her's the funny crap though, listen. when i pulled it up into the yard the other day in first gear after it locked up on me, i could push the clutch in and it would roll ( as expected). but this morning i went out to it and... i tried pulling the clutch in and now it wont even roll. as if the clutch locked up on me to!! this if frickin retarted. I'll try beatin on it and ect... and I'll get back to you. but anymore comments would help
thanks

Old 06-14-2003, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

hey i just went outside and tried hoping around on it or whatnot, but what kinda beating are we talking about when you are hitting it to make it pop back in.
i mean, i sure as heck honestly dont think that i messed up a tooth or something, the only time that it's been shifted without the clutch were accidents and that's happened just like 3 times. and that was way before this happend. i'm worried because it's not "popping back in", i sure as heck hope i didn't screw up nothing.

Old 06-14-2003, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

If youve only had it a couple weeks and bought it new, take it back to the dealer. its got a 6 month warranty on it. Funny, ive never had trouble with mine, or even heard of it before, tho seems a few others have had trouble.

Quick Reply: HELP! my 03 blaster is brand new and my transmission locked up on me!!