Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HElp why cant i do a wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HElp why cant i do a wheelie

hi i way 120 and i have a blaster but i just cant do a wheelie i do what every one says to i pull the clutch and accelerate then let go of the clutch fast but it just goes forward really fast. i also go in 3rd and acelerate suddenly really fast but i just goes forward and when i pull up the handle bars it just goes up like an inch and then comes back down i need help pleaz what can i do?

Old 06-23-2003, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

What position are you sitting on the quad? You should be way back on the seat to get the wheels up easier.

What kind/shape of tires do you have? If they spin real easy, the front wheels wont come up.

Are you sure the quad is running right? A Blaster will usually pull the wheels very easy because it’s so short.

Old 06-23-2003, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In first gear you should be able to pull on the bars and nothing else, how much throttle are you giving it?

Old 06-23-2003, 02:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

im sitting back and im giving it quiet a bit of throtle but on the blaster the first gear is useless because if u use a bit of throtle i will just rev up. i have the stock tires on it. im sitting really far on the seat. i will just go up a little like one inch. how fast should i let go of the clutch>?
the quad i working good because its only a week old. what should i do. it wont go up even when i give it sudden burst of gas.

Old 06-23-2003, 02:56 PM
Range Rover

keep your right foot above the rear brake and your left foot on the wheelie bar. creep in 1st gear then punch it while at the same time pulling up on your handle bars. if you cant get it on a wheelie doing this theres eomthing wrong

Old 06-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its only a week old then its not the quad. Wheelying is all about feel and it is hard for someone to tell you what exactly to do. What kind of surfaces have tried this on? Sand is the most forgiving.

Old 06-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

cause you suck.......jp... sit as far back as possible put it in second gear. pull the clutch give it 3/4 throttle and pull like no other when you pop the clutch and hang on. adn keep your foot on the brake(you might need it) and stay in the gas till you runn out of gear. It takes time to be able to shift but with practice you will get it right.

Old 06-23-2003, 03:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

i put it on second and when i go 3/4 throttle it revs up way to much it sounds like it gonna explode. does popping the clutch just mean letting go of it? is it ok for it to rev up that much?
how do u wheelie when u have momentum?

Old 06-23-2003, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

yes poping the clutch means letting go very fast. and as long as you dont hold it there very long it will be fine. that is what i do and it stand it right up very fast.

Old 06-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

Dont worry. There's nothing wrong with your quad. If this is your first time doing wheelies work on getting the front end up to a point where it sort of balance's in the air, then you move to point be to keep the power band from kicking in or riding the powerband. Take your time, get used to the blaster's power and dont be scared to hit the wheelie bar. Here's what I do on my friend's blaster. I go in second put my right foot over the brake and left foot in the wheelie bar, I wiegh almost the same as you so I use my wieght to get the front end up cause blaster's are very light!

Quick Reply: HElp why cant i do a wheelie