Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Why does everyone knock the Warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does everyone knock the Warrior?

May the WARRIORS HAVE REVENGE!!! hehehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2003, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

yeah! yamaha can rename their new YFZ450 to WARRIOR and really **** the warrior haters off!!!!

Old 06-29-2003, 03:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

WArriors are a good all around trail quad, they have a good wide range of power and can keep right up with the big boys for a little lol

My therory save up enough money to buy a brand new 400ex. When you get that much go out and buy a warrior. With the extra money you got go and buy some engine mods and widen the warriors a arms and rear axle. after all that youll have a quad that will take corners and jump jumps just about as good as a 400 ex, not to mention youll be able to pull away from him in every gear.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2003, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

I'm soon going to be buying a Warrior and I don't understand why people knock it either. I can not afford some of the newer "high performance" sport quads, and as for the 400ex, I've ridden with a guy with one and he was the most tired person in our group after pushing and pulling his fourwheeler back off of trees and big rocks. With a good rider, anything can win races.

Old 06-29-2003, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

I think people bash them because they came out in 87 & have stayed the same ever since pretty much

Old 07-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Range Rover

Before I get started I'll say the 2 main things I think the warrior has going for it... 1. you can abuse the hell out of it and it doesn't care, the engine is tough as nails. 2. It's really easy to work on.... nothing complicated at all.

Now for the "but"

I have alot of fun on my warrior and if no other 4 wheelers existed I wouldn't have a care in the world... but they do exist. Unfortunately my riding buddies have them so I see the differences everytime we ride. Nearly everything about the warrior doesn't match up with the other options... The warrior looks old and outdated before you even get on it... If you have any amount of vanity you will soon develop a bit of embarassment about your warriors looks. Once you have finally convinced yourself that if looks won races then they wouldn't bother getting dirty and you actually ride it AND compare it to.... say, a 400 EX, you are amazed at how the 400 EX turns.... I mean its not even close, I'm not even sure if you could mod a warrior to turn like a stock 400 EX (and if you could, why wouldn't you just spend all that cash on a Raptor?)... its like comparing a deer to a water buffalo. Every sport 4 stroke out there except the 300 EX seems to have more power.... the only thing that can save a warrior is the rider. If you notice the one common defense warrrior riders give is how they beat their opponents because of their skill not because of their bike. Unfortunately this comparison is between bikes not people.

My suggestion to anyone that is thinking about buying a Warrior is to buy a used 400 EX instead (Definitely don't buy a new 400 EX you can get way better for nearly the same price ie. suzuki or kawasaki). A used 400 EX is a helluva better deal than a new Warrior and very close to the same price you could get a used Warrior for. I realize that there is a brand loyalty consideration... if thats the case then you just gotta keep saving another grand or so for that Raptor.

I wish someone had given me that advice when I was getting into 4 wheelers...

Old 07-01-2003, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Warriors push through turns. bad.
The seat and foot pegs are too close together.
Needs more power.
Clutch engagement is long.
Slips outta gear sometimes.
heavy
I think 4699 or whatever it is now is still too much.

All the good things you guys have said are true though. You can have a whole lotta fun on the it, but it it what it is.
The warrior is a classic that needs an update.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

I feel the Warrior is indestructable, been around a long time. I have not nor would I ever knock a quad that has with stood the test of time. Sure is could use some long waited changes, but don't they all.

Old 07-02-2003, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

A used 400EX is out of the question for so many people. How do you back up when you hit a tree going down hill? I don't care how good of a rider you are, when you push it, you run into things. The last thing I want to do after I'm already tired is pull my quad away from a tree. And for me the 300EX is way out of the question. I ride a CR125 right now and I just can't have that big of a difference in power. The warrior is the best quad for those in the $2000-$2500 who need reverse. And like everything else, a warrior can be modded. My $.02

Old 07-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

im sick and tired of listening to all you people argue about the warrior. People have diffrent opinions. Its all in what kind of riding you do, i feel that the warrior is a better quad than the 400 ex just because the warrior is a better trailriding quad than a 400 ex, you can have more fun on the warrior cause its more of an all around atv. Its faster than alot of other quads, has the power to go through tight trails and climb big hills, Its suspension may not be the best but its the kind of suspension setup that works for everything, jumping, hillclimbing, trailriding, and cornering. I just feel that the warrior is a better quad in every area exept suspension when compared to the 400ex, especially the price tags and the warriors well known reputation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Why does everyone knock the Warrior?