Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Nagging wife

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nagging wife

Dang, you all should be glad you at least have wives...
Riding is easily addictive, though. Once you get them out there, they will want to go riding more and more. Yes, get her a z250 or something. Make sure whatever it is has electric start and autoclutch (at first) or you will be starting it alot for her.

Old 06-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Nagging wife

Put her in the sand with no paddles on any machine you want... She may get it really stuck though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Nagging wife

Originally posted by: Raptor03Rider
My wife is nagging me that I spend too much time on these forums and with my raptor than being with her.....
That's my wife to the letter.

Old 06-24-2003, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Nagging wife

I have the opposite problem. My wife (RhondaV) used to give me a world of grief about being on here so much. Now she is on here more than I am. You don't even have 70 posts and you are already getting grief? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Anyway, I would suggest a Scrambler 500 ...........A NEW ONE. They are wide and very stable and the automatic helps you to build your confidence as a rider and not have to worry about shifting and should I apply the rear brakes only, light in the front, what gear should I be in........etc. You just get on it and ride. The 500 has plenty of power that she will be able to keep up with everyone in most situations. On our first trip to Silver Lake Rhonda rode my 500 4x4 and was able to climb every hill in the place and had a blast. Their were two other women in our group, one had a Polaris Trailblazer 250 she wasn't able to get it up hardly any of the big sand hills. The other lady was riding a Honda Rubicon and she had a lot of trouble too. If they don't have a good time and can't keep up with the group.

So many times guys try to get their wife a quad in the hopes of getting thier interest up and they come home with an old rusted up 1984 Honda Recon or something and wonder why they don't enjoy theirself. Get her something nice that she can be proud of. And when it gets rode..........she rides it. It's not a back-up quad for when your buddies come over.

Old 06-24-2003, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Nagging wife

i guess i should consider myself lucky because my wife has been riding street bikes/dirt bikes and atvs with me since the late seventies and she likes it now more than ever.based on my experience with atvs and dirt bikes i would say you should get her a quad she will not out grow too soon because she will get tired trying to play catch up with you once her riding skills grow.i would also keep in mind that power can be a very good way to stay out of trouble such as being able to climb a steep hill as opposed to getting stuck on it.i see a lot of guys out on the dunes that have a sweet ride and their wife is behind with some mid eighties piece of junk and that is not a good way to keep her happy and after all if shes happy were happy. ( a good beginner quad for a woman should have the same criteria as one for a man in my opinion) and no my wife is not standing over my shoulder as i write this, but it does feel like it.

Old 06-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Nagging wife

I bought myself a shiny new V Force on a Thursday. The next thursday I returned home with a new set of China for the wife. She asked why and I told her for her "patience and understanding of my hobby". Now if she bitches about it she will feel guilty about the China.

Aint us men aweful......

Just Kiddng of Course. My wife is very supportive. She just had our second child so she hasn't really been able to ride with me much, but she is looking forward to it now that we have a decent machine to ride.

Old 06-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default Nagging wife

That's pretty slick, HomeDawg! I'll have to remember that.

Old 06-25-2003, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Nagging wife

I will be the first to admit that I was not crazy about this whole quad thing. But, after one trip to the dunes I was hooked. I remember waiting down at the bottom of my first hill for about 10 minutes just getting the courage to go up. Then I figured if I die it will be quick because I will probably break my neck. I figured I can give birth with no drugs so I can climb this hill. Sorry, that was the best analogy I could come up with to convince myself I could do it. Now I back down the hills and dig myself out and fly over the sand and GregV is hard pressed to keep up with me. The best part is we talk about the riding for three hours all the way back home. And discuss what adjustment we need to make and it is just great together time with he and I.

Now I want to go ski diving!!!!

Rhonda V [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2003, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default Nagging wife

Put the wife on ebay and use the proceeds to buy another quad!

Old 06-25-2003, 01:25 AM
Range Rover
Default Nagging wife

I think a good beginner quad that is kinda sporty would be an 03 blaster.

Quick Reply: Nagging wife