Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Honda could still knockout the YZF450!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 06:02 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda could still knockout the YZF450!

They should put it on three wheels! I'd bet they 'd sell out quickly. I'd love to start spankin' quads on something a little newer than my 85'...

Old 06-26-2003, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
Theyd never do it, honda has no nuts. Look at their cars, NSX may be a sportscar but it has a sedan engine. S2000 has what should be in a motorcycle just a touch bigger. Besides I doubt honda executives read yamaha message boards. After everyone else releases their new quads, honda will release something a little bit slower but at the same price. If by some lucky chance they do release a TRX 450R theyl make it conservative as always. It will still be raceable but will need more work as a stock machine because they went to conservative with engine. TRX 450r does sound good though.
Honda goes the conservative route (I'm not a honda loyalist) because their a reliable first company. They build stuff to last. Like their cars (the nsx is way overpriced for the power numbers it puts out) their quads are built to last. That way you can tune them and get whatever power you want. I hope they do make a race ready bike like the yfz and maybe they'll take a chance and not detune their new quad so much but I won't count on it. I like honda's approach except how long it's took them to come out with a new sport. I like the approach of reliablity first and supe her up how you want, then the manufacturers warranty won't cover it, they're covering their own buttes and reputation. I didn't buy an ex because I thought the z looked better and was more powerful and it is. I don't know how bad honda's sport quads are suffering but it probably is a little so they should be ready to hit us with something early next year. They better make sure it's awesome because everyone ain't going to give up their $7000 yfz's easy.

Old 06-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Range Rover

if yall didn't kmow service honda is putting out a new 250r. It looks just like a 400ex but it has a cr 250 motor in it. go to service hondas web site and check it out

Old 06-26-2003, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

Its just an aftermarket quad, not really a honda.

Old 06-26-2003, 07:00 PM
Range Rover

yea i know but its hondas frame and bike and hondas motor

Old 06-27-2003, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

screw all ya'll honda hatter's out there you tell me when you see a 1982 yamaha ridin around ha never they cant even make a 2003 without it being in the shop more than the people ride it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2003, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

i have to admit if someone built a 250 2stroke version yamaha or honda i would buy it...

Old 06-27-2003, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Me too, I might not even wait the five years I had planned before I get a new quad.

Old 06-27-2003, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BAMA250R
Honda - are you listening to your potential customers? Yamaha has cut into your sport quad market share with their new YFZ450...however, Honda, you could nullify much of that by annoucing a limited 3 year manufacturing run on an updated (can you say modern) 250R! Offer the public a basic 250R model, a 250R XC version and an 250R MX version, several color choices, retain the original bodywork and non-essential components. and you could announce in the next few weeks during peak YFZ450 delivery periods and stunt the YFZ sales! Talk about a war! How many ATV customers would die for a fresh 250R from Honda, which they (Honda) could build until the CARB regulations shuts them down in 2006/07. Thousands could be sold, and Honda could probably wrangle admittance into the AATVA and GNCC Pro Production classes that are so hot now. It would bring back some shine to an ATV image that continues to get hammered by several other msport ATV models. And by the way Honda, we still expect a CRF450 sport quad real soon! Does anyone share these thoughts? I would think so!
LMAO... thanks man, I haven't laughed that hard since I was a little girl!!! errr, anyways.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BTW-- Yamaha cutting into Honda's sport market share?!? No man, Yamaha is just expanding it's market share into a segment of the market that became a void when Cannondale left the scene. If Yamaha wanted to take away more sales from Honda it would redo the Warrior to outperform the 400EX. They are in the same class if you ask me...

just my $.05

Old 06-27-2003, 03:45 AM
Pro Rider

I've got to be Honest. I've ridden Yamaha's since I started riding quads back in '93. I'm not brand loyal...... they just seem to have the best product on the market at the times I've been in the market for a new quad. Had Honda released their quad at the same time or earlier then Yamaha I would probably be riding it..... Point I'm trying to make is Ridley's right.... Honda has dropped the ball BIG TIME on this one. I really don't think they care much about the sport industry. I honestly don't think it takes three years to put a quad into production when you've already got the engine(CRF) and formula for success(250r).

Quick Reply: Honda could still knockout the YZF450!