Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RAPTOR RESPECT

What the hell happened to this post! LOL
Hang em and measure!

Old 07-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAPTOR RESPECT

Just FYI cause it seems that you didnt get a good look at them. They are Z06 Wheels - and They are too wide for most if not all ricers to even fit under the tire well. So if you think you have seen stock Z06 wheels on "ricers" and you still want to call mine a ricer - then ok - thats your opinion and I can respect that - even though it makes me laugh hysterically.

Here is a dyno graph for ya to study - this was on a stock motor with a little giggle gassssss...

Clicky Here

This is where I am now "on an emissions legal stock bore motor" - and I am not going to show you the HP on the hose - but you can get an idea..

Clicky Here

Originally posted by: cool74
I am sorry but Bparkers car looks rice with those rims, I have seen them on lots of rice cars.

Old 07-09-2003, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR RESPECT

Bparker,

Even though my personal opinions about you will remain the same, and I have no idea what this has to do with Raptor Respect.... I will say this you have a nice looking Vete! And those charts dont look to bad either.

Old 07-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Range Rover
Default RAPTOR RESPECT

Lol Wallstreet hehe. So my dads car is heavier than his Z06, I dont think so. They probaly weight equal or maybe off in weight by a couple pounds. As far as handling though my dads car handles like a dream and I know it handles just as good as a Z06. If it had 450 hp it would smoke bparkers. I have seen a guy mod his corvette and run side by side a jet fighter keeping up with him the whole way until his wheels were off the ground. He had an 88 or 89 corvette with a supercharger in it. Now if my dad still had his 55 chevy, you would all be dust. I and my dad are no dummys, my dad has grown up with corvettes all his life. We also own a Dodge Ram 1500 with a Hemi, that thing is almost as fast as the corvette believe it or not and its confy. I know Bparkers car is faster than my dads car right now but it could be faster with a few simple mods. As for the rims, the ones I have seen look just like his. I dont know what company makes them but his corvette rims look like some ricer rims I have seen. Especially with the black powder coat and the really tinted windows. Your jeep looks like some puerto rican is driving it and so does your Raptor. I have seen rims that look identical to your corvette rims on some civics, jettas, and eclipse's.

You shouldn't have powder coated them, thats what makes them so rice looking. Chrome=better
Colored rims are for the fast and furious ricers.

http://carad0.ipixmedia.com/abc/cara...182456-1_L.JPG

Old 07-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default RAPTOR RESPECT

TheRaptorMan,

Thanks for the kind words about my pride and joy. Yes I am failry new to this fourm and still learning so bare with me - however if you will read back a bit - cool74 - made a comment about my Z06 out of the blue and has continued to bring it up - thus I am only responding in hopes that he will see the light. But he has an opinion (weird as it may be) its his so I respect that and will not try to change it but merely open his mind a bit.

Take care,

Old 07-09-2003, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR RESPECT

Ok, Cool, I found some rock hard numbers for you to think about.

1989 Corvette Coupe (it is a coupe, right?)

0-60- 6.0 seconds

Quarter Mile- 14.6 seconds

240-245 horsepower (at the flywheel)

Curb Weight- 3319 lbs.

2002 Corvette ZO6 (All coupes)

ALL STOCK!!!

0-60- 3.9 seconds

Quarter Mile- 12.4 seconds

405 horsepower (at the flywheel)

Curb Weight- 3118 lbs.

So, let's see. Just a couple hundred less pounds, 160 more horspower (all stock, who knows what bparkers makes at the flywheel, it makes more at the rear wheels than what the stock ones do at the engine!). See it is easier to make more power out of the new vettes, go ahead and put a supercharger on your daddy's, we'll just see who is behind after bparker gets the Lingenfelter twin turbo kit! Oh, and about your dad's hemi, even though those are nice trucks, they run nothing like a vette.

Why would a Puerto Rican be driving his Jeep? Why would you say this in the first place? Why don't you go make another rap video with your chrome wheels.

Street

Old 07-09-2003, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR RESPECT

By the way, you say you know your dads car handles as good as a ZO6?

1.) How in he11 would you know this? Have you ever driven a ZO6?

2.) Your only eight years old, he really let you drive it?

3.) Don't you think that GM has been making improvements to the chassis and suspension over the last ten years? No doubt, the next generation of vettes will handle even better.

By the way, I know you ain't know dumme, but it would be my dad and I, he he he he.

You say your daddy grew up with vettes all his life, it seems like he kinda stopped in 1989? Time to move on.

I'm not even going to mention his 55 Chevy.

Old 07-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default RAPTOR RESPECT

WallStreet,

Lets not forget about the new generation of "Active Handing" either - hehe - the Viper guys always complain about it not being fair cuz we have computer aided handling assistance on board. That gives the Z06 up to 1G of lateral stability in the turns.. I must say when the tires are hot it is a rush. I have been able to make myself say O MY GOD several times - hahahaha

Google search on Active Handling

Old 07-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Default RAPTOR RESPECT

Originally posted by: bparker
WallStreet,

Lets not forget about the new generation of "Active Handing" [/L]

Well I just lost all of my RAPTOR RESPECT (name of this post, some people havent seemed to notice) because the raptor has no computer aided active handling. I think you 2 guys should give eachother you AIM names and go duke it out over that,

Patrick

Old 07-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default RAPTOR RESPECT

Sorry about the hijack - I just love speed and all forms of it.. cant get enough..

Quick Reply: RAPTOR RESPECT