Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The event (Aledo)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The event (Aledo)

Thanks alot Mark for putting this event on. I had a super great time. And I have to say that Steve's Banshee is the fastest thing I have ever rode. That thing will FLY!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

If anyone is willing to donate a little to help offset past and future ATPT National's expenses I created a link on another web site somewhere where the 2003 photos are. This is definetely a non-profit function! I think it's a great idea! I wanted to help out a little. Will you join in? If you need details send me an email to: My email

Old 06-30-2003, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] 2 and counting...

Old 07-01-2003, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Mark,

My wife and I had the time of our lives down there this weekend and plan on making it an annual event and are bringing our boys down next time.

I do think as far as the staging lights are concerned that you should take up a collection from everyone who plans on racing in future Aledo events. I also agree there should be a per person cover charge at the gate to help with all the expenses.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That way all the burden is not on your shoulders solely. And Maybe you can hold a Spring & Fall event.

Thanks again

Jay

Old 07-01-2003, 04:26 AM
Trailblazer

14Mins,

I gotta say that I had a fantastic weekend! I haven't had that much fun in a long time! Some very nice and fast quads in attendance! All the people I talked to were very friendly, and really made the trip worthwhile! Couldn't ask for more funfilled trip.

I personally did much better than I expected to in the two stroke gas class with a second place in the 330' (I almost didn't come just because I didn't think I stood much of a chance to finish very high up in the standings...). My only wish is that I could have run a two stroke gas class in 660', since my Banshee runs a little better in the longer distance....

I am looking forward to more of these events in the future! I

I must also echo what others have said regarding sharing the cost burden of the event. In fact, I was expecting to have to pay just to race.

My son flattrack/TT raced this past year, and we paid for those events. You should consider the same.

Regards,

Buttermilk385

Old 07-01-2003, 10:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider

There was a tip jar....right? If everyone felt the same way, then the jar should have been full. Shame on the people that participated in the festivities and did not donate. Would'nt charging up a can of legal worms as well? One could ask each adult for a $5-10 donation at the entrance??

Old 07-01-2003, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Alot of events charge a "donation" .. I know all the local MX races around me do, so do the local fireworks shows.. Im sure they do it make their money back and call it a donation for liability reasons.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks to those who have donated![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I appriciate the offers of help and donations. Maybe in the future we will do a "donation" thing. Bigger is right on the money with the offer to bring food and help. I have enjoyed meeting all the ATV'ers the last few years. I do these events because i want to. I sort of feel that if you are going to take the time to come and travel and play, the least i can do is provide a few drinks/food. The problem with charging is: 1.) the insurance changes a lot. I have polices that cover me and policys that cover the property. Once i start charging then the premimuns go thru the roof. 2.) I have ZERO DESIRE to turn a profit at my friends expense. 3.) If the event is free and you do not like it, i can say "what did you expect for free"

The hard part of doing these things is trying to figure out how many people will show.

The coolest thing about these events is meeting the people. I like to talk and see the quads. I have meet so many people that range from police officers to doctors, lawyers, plumbers, etc. Fellow Atv'ers are a great group.

I am going to look into starting lights. Future events need them. If and when i find them it would be cool to take them to other events as well. I have no idea what they cost but i would be willing to loan them out to anyone holding a event. Kind of like a "club" thing.

I appreciate the generosity of the ones that have donated. I am going to wait a few days and then write a check to the volenteer fire deptment for the help they gave us.

This event went well, there was only one call to the police from the neighbors. He wanted to know what time lunch was going to be the following day.

Thanks,

Mark