Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The event (Aledo)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 02:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The event (Aledo)

I want to think all of those that made the trip, not knowing what to expect. I was relieved that no major injuries or wrecks occurred. There was not a slow quad in the bunch. I have been to a lot of events and never seen the number of build quads that were running here. There were 138 racers signed up and i think some slipped thru the cracks. I will look at the list later to get a forum member count. I expect to find 100 plus member names. There were forum members everywhere. I was plum worn out before the first quad showed up. I was trying to guess on how many people would show. I was hoping for at least 125 racers, so i was pleased with that number. My wife counted 180 vehicles and 60 enclosed trailers/campers. There were as many as 500 people here at 2 pm on saturday milling around. I have no idea how many were at the hotel. People came from everywere. Kentucky, missurio, mississippi, oklahoma, texas, California, nebraska,arkansas and others. 4 of us had a major scare when ward fell ill on us. That was a scary few hours. All of that turned out fine after a trip to the hospital. I can not think all the help enough. Anyone that i asked to do something got right on it. It takes many people to do one of these things. Toni and Steve (buttfungus) took charge and really made my life a lot less stressful for the weekend. Dollarbills called me and told me he had the track covered and worry about something else. Thanks. We all know that Bob is involved with all of this and helps on a daily basis. Crafty always lends a hand. Raptorridertex/ward660/texgrizz/hurycne/roster/bigger/Ernie/ryan are always willing to lend a hand when needed. Thanks guys you made this happen. I thought the week end was great with very few problems. I know things could have flowed better but it was not because of a lack of effort. To do this in the future lights will be mandantory. The quads have gotten to fast for any other system. The start will make or break 50 percent of these races. Lee (adam's dad) has done the cooking for the last 3 events. That is a time consuming job. He did a great job because all i saw last night were bones. LOL He smooked 2 hogs, cooked more than 150 hamburgers and no telling how many hot dogs. I had bought more than 500 drinks of water and coke. They were all gone. Meeting all the forum members was the high light of my weekend. I knew that i would not have much time to race. I had looked forward to running velocity but things happen. We will meet again. His quad looked that he could hang with any of them. I saw people all week end lending a hand to anyone/stranger that needed help with there quads broke down. Rex waited an hour for a guy to fix his quad to run in the final 300 foot class race. I like that. Everyone pitched in to help fix the quad. I would have been easier for rex to say no i won. Scooby band-aided his quad and showed up. Thanks. Where did all these drag banshees come from??? In my opinion this group of quad could go play anywhere in the US and run with the best of them. A big thanks to the volinteer fire deptment for watering the track. I am sending them a check for helping out. I have not counted the donation jar yet but i know that there is more than 100 bucks in there. I can't say enough that i appreciate all that made the trip. I am going to watch the video tonight. I took my wife, son and i less than 20 minutes to pick up any thrash!!!!!!!!!! You guys did a super job on that!!!!! I put a lot of thrash bags out for collection last night. I need a dumpster in the future. Quite a few used the dyno and i saw some killer numbers. To me dyno jets red low. I can add 12hp when i get on another brand of dyno with my quad. To those planning an event i can supply a few tips to make your event run smoother. I have done this 3 times and hopefully if we do a next it will be bigger and better. Again i think all that came.

PS- Rooster no longer owns a DS703. He traded samcoeds for a drag banshee. AZSAND can breathe easier now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds like everyone stepped up, busted big, lived large, and spread the love [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

it was a great weekend AND THE 703 PIG WILL ROCK VERY HARD at the races at ls oklahoma this year and the vforce will have its new parts by then[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mark thanks Agian for having everyone out. The ALEDO events are always TOP NOTCH and you and the Volunteers worked your butts off!

Thank you!

I will ask you in the future to give some of us Out of towners alittle more responsibility in the future. Thier is NO reason why you should have to take all the $$$$ burden on yourself. I know myself and many others would be more than willing to bring FOOD(baked beans.coal slaw,potatoe salad, breads,DRINKS etc.....) in the future. For the next event I think this should be a Given, along with a small per-person(5 bucks for children and 10$ for adults)charge this will take care of the EXtRA expenses that always seem to creep up,and not to mention the $$$ you spend on fireworks. (thier is nothing wrong with paying alittle to have a GREAT time for the WHOLE family)!! we would do it anywhere else. right??

I think if we can "SHARE THE LOVE" then perhaps we can have more than 1 Aledo EVENT per year.

anyways that my .02

Biggerisbetter.

Old 06-30-2003, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Great idea Kyle! Mrs. buttfungus and I agree!

Old 06-30-2003, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

I agree aswell... We need another event soon..

Old 06-30-2003, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

that is what I said on friday post

and it is never to late to give. everyone that was there knows his address and can mail him presents. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

I agree totally, If i was there there definatly would have been some $$$ in that tip jar from me and it would not have been a dollar either it would have been many$$

Old 06-30-2003, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

i pay that much for a normal weekend at glamis. so that shouldn't bother anyone to pay that for fun, food and entertainment.

Old 06-30-2003, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

i hope to be there next year. sounded like i missed out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: The event (Aledo)