Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Helmet or no helmet??

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet or no helmet??

LMAO YFM660r, anyways lets just say I learned from experiance why you should wear a helmet, Ive got my collection of scars, my 150 hjc helmet is beat down.

Old 07-02-2003, 06:28 AM
Pro Rider

Turtler, Jerry, HossBlur, Fisher, bbertram, Blueleader.

Guys take a bow, great attitude.

As for you 14secs ( cause thats all you'll have when you knock your scone ) you need to hang your non- disposable head in shame, for 14mins should do.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Time to rest my precious scone now and catch some zzzzzzz

Geoff.

Old 07-02-2003, 07:14 AM
Pro Rider

I twiped Swaking out sthe dorrrrrr sssssoooo i sss wearrrr a helsmetsss alll thess time Nowss . mom sssssaid itwit help .

Old 07-02-2003, 07:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

The only time I didn't wear a helmet was at Sandlake in Oregon. After my first roll over with the helmet on, I decided it needed to stay on always. The helmet like all the other safety gear is mandatory for myself, no matter if a causal ride on the beach, or a trek into the mountains.

Old 07-02-2003, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

If it wasn't for my helmet I probably wouldn't be here anymore. But I do not always wear my helmet when messing around in the yard.

The people that do not wear them at the dunes are freakn nuts.........................now thats all I got to say about that..

Old 07-02-2003, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ClutchOlds
If it wasn't for my helmet I probably wouldn't be here anymore. But I do not always wear my helmet when messing around in the yard.

The people that do not wear them at the dunes are freakn nuts.........................now thats all I got to say about that..
I can attest to that my yard no bucket but with only 1/2 acre to just warm up the ride is fine , First trip to the dunes and did a roll over it does stay on now .

Old 07-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

When I was 13, I watched my 12 year old brother get T-boned on his first motorcycle ride. He went flying through the air and landed RIGHT ON HIS HEAD. Fortunately, he was wearing a helmet. The helmet cracked in half and my brother spent the next week or so in the hospital with a pretty bad concussion. If he hadn't been wearing a helmet, I'd be an only child. I wear my helmet 100% of the time and won't let either of my boys (or their buddies) move their bikes without a helmet. Besides, my face is too pretty for a closed casket:-)

Old 07-02-2003, 09:13 AM
Range Rover

If you want to die or worse yet, live and be like Gary Busey that is your right. It is also my right to call you a dumb f@#% for not wearing one. My choice is to always wear a brain bucket. The only time I don't is when I am putting around my small backyard. Just the other day I was laying on the trail listening to the tweety birds after I unexpectedly made the split second decision to bail off the back rather than snap my leg in half. I was on a tight trail haulin **** when the rear end suddenly kicked out on a turn and there was a knee high 8" dia. log sticking out of the weeds and it was heading right for my leg. When I bailed my head whacked a rock real hard. Because I was wearing a helmet it only took a few minutes for the tweety birds to go away. If I wasn't wearing a helmet my buddies would have been picking up chunks of broken coconut. This is only one of many occurances which I was grateful for wearing a helmet. Things happen unexpectantly. Murphys law says if anything can go wrong it probably will, at the worst possible time.

Old 07-02-2003, 09:27 AM
Range Rover

One other thing. What do you guys think about 2 conservation officers riding 4 wheelers with no helmets and handing out tickets to guys because they didn't have their insurance cards with them. This happened to two of my buddies the other day. Man if I was there I would have ripped them hard. I would have told them to keep their tickets as I was putting my helmet on and driving away.

Old 07-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

I didn't pay all that money for a cool helmet not to wear it..........besides I dont like being recognized[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Helmet or no helmet??