Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

COPS

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 05:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COPS

I ran one time and stuck the car in the field and went home 20 minutes later 10 cops at my house
it was not worth it at all but was fun out smarting that pig

Old 07-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default COPS

to all the cops that read this i would like to know somthing. my grandpartents live right down the road about 1/4 mile and i help them out alot. i also ride my quad there and back. But i dont haul azz do you think a cop would pull me over or not ????

Old 07-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default COPS

there are hundreds of thousands of officers in the usa, just like any other occupation your going to find lots of different personalities among them. if an officer did pull you over the outcome would most likely be decided by the way you acted towards him. the few times ive been involved with quads on the public streets , the only reason im there is because some neighbor called in and complained.

Old 07-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default COPS

damn neighbors lol

Old 07-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default COPS

Let's give some Props to the Cops. They have one of the most difficult jobs in the country. They deserve every donut they get and more.

I have never had trouble with police when I wasn't doing something stupid. RUNNING From them is stupid and suggesting or asking someone if you should run is even dumber. IMHO

When I go to Glamis, Dumont, and see police I usally wave. That lets them know I see them and I'm not up to anything.

Only the guilt need to run, and when, not if, they catch you the cost will be greater.

It may be a rush but that rush will be over quickly if you are in an accident or cause one.

Maybe the cops in your area are hard on you from what you and your buddies do.

If you see one coming make eye contact and wave. If they put on the lights, STOP and see what's going on. If your wrong your wrong. They may just want to ask what your doing. Attidtude is everything.

Smitty

Old 07-03-2003, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default COPS

Natural reaction: fight or flight. that said. within a milli-second i would consider. did he see me? did he see my sticker (registration) is there an escape (trail, powerlines...i'm not running in the streets)? old cop? women? Young male rookie lookin for the chase? what are they driving? do i have any unpaid tickets? do i have narcotics on me? do i have enough gas to run? run to where? the answer to all of that maight just dictate...flight.

Old 07-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default COPS

Where i live we used to ride around the lake all the time. i live only about 1/2 mile from the lake. One day the Corp of engineers decided it was not a good idea. Me and my buddy were young and we did not care what they thought and there are alot of dirt roads around here so everytime they gave chase we ran. This went on for about 5-6 years. I grew up and started dating this girl and was over at her house and her dad and i were talking and he asked where i live and i told him what area i lived in and he started in talking about these two kids that he used to chase all the time down around my house and how much of a pain in the *** they were. He started asking me twenty questions about if i knew them or not and too this day i have never told him that it was me and my best friend. man that was really messed up i almost busted out laughing when he was sitting there describing our quads and what kind of helmets we wore. I will never forget that and thank god i am not with that PSYCHOBITCH anymore.

Old 07-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer
Default COPS

When I see cops I usually just wave and ride on. Sometimes they give me the nod and sometimes they just stare. But I've yet to get any real flack from one cop. I did have a couple of them out looking for me on utility quads one day but thats because I crossed over a power plant access road thats clearly marked (i was like the chicken I just had to see what was on the other side). Once I saw them blazing down the access road I just hid off the side in some thick brush and watched them go by, good thing I'm not a cop killer cause I was close enough to drop em with a pistol and they had no idea I was there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2003, 12:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default COPS

Originally posted by: smitty911
Let's give some Props to the Cops. They have one of the most difficult jobs in the country. They deserve every donut they get and more.

I have never had trouble with police when I wasn't doing something stupid. RUNNING From them is stupid and suggesting or asking someone if you should run is even dumber. IMHO

When I go to Glamis, Dumont, and see police I usally wave. That lets them know I see them and I'm not up to anything.

Only the guilt need to run, and when, not if, they catch you the cost will be greater.

It may be a rush but that rush will be over quickly if you are in an accident or cause one.

Maybe the cops in your area are hard on you from what you and your buddies do.

If you see one coming make eye contact and wave. If they put on the lights, STOP and see what's going on. If your wrong your wrong. They may just want to ask what your doing. Attidtude is everything.

Smitty

To all the GREENIES!!!!! 99% of us atver's think like this man.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Please do not use this thread(as a whole) in a court of law to shut down more of our public lands. Most of these guys were just kidding !! right guys??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BIgger.

Old 07-03-2003, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default COPS

Just remember all you would be runners, your not the first who thought they could outsmart or outrun the law. There are 3,000,000 other guys in America's prisons who thought the same thing.

Quick Reply: COPS