Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster kept up with my Warrior and even worst...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 03:47 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster kept up with my Warrior and even worst...

Originally posted by: TexasWarrior03
Nissan with their new truck on its way out.------ Just look at all the people that got bad trannys on their 01 Raptors
I did see the new Nissan in Motor Trend, looks nice and when will Honda come out with a full size truck.

My 01 trans is still holding, fingers crossed.

ChetRacer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2003, 04:09 AM
Trailblazer

They dont even have a small size truck so I wouldnt hold my breath on that one. Come to think of it they dont even have a full size anything. What will they base their engine on, a four cylinder civic. The biggest Honda I can think of is that ugly looking element or what ever that weird van is. And yeah the nissan truck should be really nice they have been kicking butt lately..350z..altima...maxima...the spec v...x-terra...frontier..The titan is too expensive though..the base price on the four door is 33gs and i bet thats with roll up windows and no cd player.peace

Old 07-11-2003, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer

my blaster has stock bore and it makes around 32-33hp...nice try though and i put 600 into the motor

Old 07-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

"Another Warrior bites the dust?" Thats pretty funny, coming from someone who has to rebuild thier motor more than once a year. So, while your Blaster is sitting in the garage getting rebuilt, I'll be out enjoying my un-efficient Warrior. My un-efficient 87 Warrior has never been rebuilt, and runs like a top. Yes, a hopped up Blaster can take a Warrior, but, stock for stock, the Warrior will pull away from a Blaster. Don't get me wrong, I got alot of respect for 2 strokes, especially the Banshee, but I would choose reliability over speed any day. Great way to join the forums, 1st post and already talking trash.

Old 07-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

first of all i never rebuilt anything on my blaster and i have had it for 2 years now and not a single problem with it.... do u pay attention when u read? i never said i rebuilt anything...second of all my point is the price difference. the blaster is advertised at i think its 3100 but once u pay for all the other fees it ends up being about 3500 compare this to your "reliable" warrior which is known for having faulty valve-springs and costs around 5000 when u get it out the door. So i put 600$ worth in my blaster which is cheaper than a warrior and i can beat almost any competitor. the warrior is WAY overrated. i don't dislike 4-strokes, in fact i am thinking about buying my friends 300ex. I just think you guys are overrating you warrior. whatever

Old 07-12-2003, 02:41 AM
Trailblazer

"Another Warrior bites the dust" I didn't even get beat by that Blaster, I said he kept up. Wow a suped up bike keeps up to a stock bike. He didn't even keep up with me up the hills. Hey the warrior is the best selling bike ever so I think it deserves all the credit it gets. Two strokes are cool for racing. I use mine for having a good time and giving the honeys rides on sundays.

Old 07-12-2003, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

Aint nuttin wrong with giving honeys a ride! Slim

Old 07-12-2003, 03:49 AM
Trailblazer

The faster you ride the harder they hold on![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2003, 03:59 AM
Pro Rider

You gota love that. Lets you know you are doing it right!

Old 07-12-2003, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

The Warrior would be overrated if people were saying that they outran a modified DS650 with their Warrior stock. All they said was that they outran a Blaster. How is that overrating the Warrior? I mean, I've beat a Polaris Scrambler 500 in a 375 yard drag on pavement, but when we get on the dirt I can touch it. The Warrior is very capable considering it's older design and simple engine. Just my $0.02

Quick Reply: Blaster kept up with my Warrior and even worst...