Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New ATV track Configuration at Hollister Hills

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ATV track Configuration at Hollister Hills

I talked with the ranger station today and learned that Hollister Hills OHVA has reconfigured the ATV Track.

Apparently the feeling is, that the ATV market and riders are now so prevalent, that they Park has decided to upgrade their ATV facilities starting with the ATV track reconfiguration.

I'm heading down there tommorrow for the weekend and hope I can give ya'alll a report come Monday.

Old 07-14-2003, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ATV track Configuration at Hollister Hills

Rode Hollister Hills this last weekend, and checked out the new track config....

I wasn't too impressed, because I really liked the old lay out, with it's NASCAR style high banked turn at one end....and that's gone now.

Anyway, 5 left turns and 2 rights and 7 jumps. The jumps got too scary on the Raptor, mainly because the Raptor can gather too much speed for the jumps... And they aren't those table top sort of jump , but a more pointed jump that gets you more air then distance.

Kids on slower quads, 300EXs and less seemed to really like it because they could pretty much just pin it, and hit each jump for all they could get....

The turns are all pretty tight radius with out much banking, and small berms, but allowed you to slide around on the flat part or push it through the berms, which really need to be higher...

I'd say that if they blade the track a little more carefully and add some banking, it would more enjoyable....

But never the less, at least they put some time and money into the "Quad Track", and still Hollister Hills is a really good place to ride, with lots of well maintained trails that totally work for my Quad or my two wheeler...and besides it's only two hours from most any spot around the Bay Area.

I'll go back!