Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Who does the best 4 stroke porting?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who does the best 4 stroke porting?

Well, I personally would have Robertson Cycle do my headwork. All headwork is done in reference to the Flowbench. A flow bench is the only way to assure proper flow direction and CFM Volume. Also mark Robertson injects a rubber compound to 3d the intake to get a "Visual" of airflow . All flowbench numbers are then fed into a computer program that runs several hundred dyno runs at a time calculating the CFM's into HP numbers. Also flow direction is calculated and fine tuned before the head goes on. So I think this is kinda what your looking for.
Also he's built everything fron 800hp Helicopter turbines to the NHRA dragbikes and has had a Hand in building the 150 hp Nigel Yamaha RoadWarrior that is Sponsored by Yamaha, that bike holds several Strip records. So heres the Number. 402 339 1814. Ask for Mark.

Old 07-12-2003, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Craycraft[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2003, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

i know i just called sparks a week ago and his list is getting bigger by the day, but if you can wait a year or to he does them himself (so he says) so he should do a good job.

Old 07-12-2003, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

This is the way I see it. Sparks, Trinity, FST, CT, and any other big gamer will give you the basic treatment in your port job unless you have personal affiliation or connection with someone in the inside or a lot of cash and the cash will not get you as far as being connected personally will. Its like this. If you had the knowledge and owned a company as the above do and also competed you are going to give your customers some of the good stuff but when it comes down to it there would always be something you will not give them to keep you in front- right or wrong? It is little tricks of the trade that these big timers know that the average Joe Blow will never receive; bottomline. Of course each company will say they are the best and they are giving it all to you because they want your buisness and if they were to say they are holding out on you they would go out of buisness. One of these big companys might be the best at getting the most HP but the average customer is just getting enough to keep him along side of everyone else. Slim

Old 07-12-2003, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

Craycraft is Trinity's role model, they'd like to be as good and competitive but never will be.. Sparks knows his ****, but nobody else will ever get his ****....

Old 07-12-2003, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

I do beleive Craycraft will give you what you want in there engines. Craycraft is out to improve on everything and he will try and look out for his customers. He is the type of person that shoots straight and his customers staisfaction is his satisfaction. I said it before; He is a no BS KIND OF GUY! Prices are good too. Slim

Old 07-12-2003, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider

I could not have said it better myself.....

And another thing, you will NEVER find the customer service that craycraft will give you... What other company would drive 3 hours one way to hand deliever a few main jets ? NOBODY... What other company would call you unexpectedly just to see how your bike is running ? NOBODY... What other company holds races in their own backyard for whoever to come and enjoy... pays for the food.. fireworks... and countless other things... NOBODY....

All this and the fact that I haven't EVER been beatin in a drag by another 4 stroke on gas will keep me loyal for life.... Not to mention... Theres more on the way.... Muhahahahahahah

Old 07-12-2003, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, its ashame I live about 24 hours away or I could come out and play in Texas. Oh well; maybe one day. Slim

Old 07-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry slim660,but don't put me in the same category as the rest. I do the same work for everyone including myself. There is only one way to build a motor and that is to do your best each time. If you see one of my motor's or one of my race team's motor's you want they are alway's for sale. I just sold one of Chad Duval's 500ex's at the race's the other day so don't include me with the rest of your list.

Old 07-12-2003, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry Mickey if I offended you That was not intended when I typed that; I apologize but if you do every motor the same I beleive you are one of the few that are honest enough to do so. That apology goes for any of the other companys that I may have offended also. Maybe I should have not named names so I take this as another lesson in life but I still beleive without a doubt that there are many that are out to get your money without giving it all to you. I hope my apology will be excepted by anyone I offended not just the companys mentioned but anyone. Sincerely, Slim

Quick Reply: Who does the best 4 stroke porting?