Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior?!?!

I want to buy a quad for trails and jumping. Is the warrior good for this? can it ride in mud and deep water? Im 150pounds and 5'7
If anyone can give me the ups and downs of this quad that would help me alot.
Thanx

Old 07-13-2003, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior?!?!

the warrior is a great trail machine, jumping is OK as long as you don't go too big...the stock shocks aren't up to par with the newer long travel machines. As far as water, I've had mine as deep as as the bottom of the seat, no problem. Good machine...bulletproof...

Old 07-14-2003, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior?!?!

I agree with 226.....The Warrior is definitely bulletproof. I bought an '88 back in '88 and for 4 years I jumped it, rolled it, drowned it, buried it in mud and the only thing that stopped that machine is when I hit head-on with a Blaster and tore the frame and everything else all to h*ll. Damm....that was a fun quad...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Warrior?!?!

i dont have a warrior but i've heard there like bulletproof

Old 07-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior?!?!

Dont know if you are finished growing but you are on the small side for a warrior. I had a warrior, 6'2" and the ergos were good for a guy my size. You could even get away with a 300 ex and throw it around easier. Personally, I would choose the Suzuki Z400 over the warrior if you have the bucks. Even better would be the Raptor or new 450 yammy. As far as reliability goes for the warrior, I had carb problems with it and cracked the frame, non-accident related, in 5 or 6 places, cost me $500 to weld back together. The shocks arent very good for big air. Fun trail machine though. With your light weight, it will take you where you want to go.

Old 07-14-2003, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior?!?!

I love my Warrior. It is an excellent trail machine and a very good climber. It is a bit of work to get it to fly level since the front end is heavy. But it wasn't really designed to jump all the time. Power is great. The transmission can be kinda notchy, but no problems there. Reverse is handy to have, but where I ride, you usually get more stuck if you try to back out of a mud hole. Oh well, it is a very capable, bulletproof. It is good at everything, but not perfect at any particular thing. Hope this helps. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2003, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior?!?!

Yep

I love to ride my buddies but im 6'1" and i weigh 210 lbs so it looks kinda funny seeing me ride it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But just as the other guys say it is bullet proof he has rolled his down the mountain many times and it still runs pretty darn well. Why do you think they named it the WARRIOR[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2003, 10:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warrior?!?!

One last question, can the warrior hit wheelies? u gotta do em every now and then[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2003, 10:52 AM
Range Rover
Default Warrior?!?!

Well yes it can do wheelies but not easily. Actually it depends on what surface you are on... if you are on pavement you will wheelie very easily... on dirt or grass its another story ya gotta slide back on the seat to get it to do one without trouble. The problem is that the weight distribution on a warrior is too far forward as other people have mentioned... so you really gotta work at anything that involves a teeter totter motion ... like landing properly from a jump or wheelies.

Old 07-15-2003, 11:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warrior?!?!

How much did you guys pay for your warriors and where.
Thanx for all the replys Im really thinking of gettin a warrior '03

Quick Reply: Warrior?!?!