Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine or Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine or Eiger

I would be the first one to get a new wolverine if they did make one. I wish yamaha would lock the wolverines differential, and throw a 2wd-4wd kit on it. Maybe no differential because many people use it for sportier types or riding. And they should also update the engine to a 500.

Old 02-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

wolverine ive had one for bout 8 months now and i love it. i get sytuck alot tho but i need better tires. speed is alright. and overall yamaha i think is better no ?'s asked

Old 02-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

I get stuck on my wolverine only wen im going 2 mph. If you punch the throtle to get over big ditches or small streams, youl knotice it will get over alot easier.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

my tires are completely bald so i dont think it'll matter.. im thinkin bout gettin carlisle tires

Old 02-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

trust me on this one. i had the same choice, but went with eiger. the wolverine for one is way outdated. the eiger is freaking fast for a utility. 2 wheel drive makes it way better for turning and agility. if you need the 4x4 just flick a switch and you have a better version of the wolverine. trust me 2wd and 4wd capability make all the difference. i have 26" mudlites on my eiger and never get stuck in mud. even with the stock tires i hardly ever did. the eiger is a way better choice. trust me i know. don't ever buy a full time 4wd machine. just not sporty. plus the eiger can pull anything. hope this helps

Old 02-03-2005, 01:33 AM
Trailblazer

if your tires are bald in eight months you need to get off the tar roads fella.

Old 02-03-2005, 04:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do the Warn 424 kits hold up after a year or two of use on them; especally in freezing weather conditions?

Has anyone ridden the Eiger and Wolverine back to back to report on power and acceleration? It's been way too long for me to remember how the power felt on my Wolverine. I sold it in the spring of '97.

Old 02-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: eiger187
. don't ever buy a full time 4wd machine.
UM WHY NOT. The wolverine is the best handleing 4x4. It probably handles better. And if you want, get a Warn 424. The wolverine is faster, lighter, and smaller then the eiger. I picked the wolverine because it feels much more sportier then the eiger even with its full time 4x4. Saying that you never got stuck doesnt mean n e thing n e ways. People get stuck with there brute forces and 800s, I think sooner or later, if you actualy ride in deep mud. big ditches. ect you will get stuck. I went through a mud pit with my wolverine and the mud was so high, it was past my front fenders. I had to stand on the seat to get through it. Never got stuck that time because it was mosly water in the mud pit. I got stuck in a stream with a 3 foot drop and a 3 foot vertical wall to get over it. Thats about the only time I got stuck. I would also perfer the wolverine if you are going in the trails, or hunting because it is so small and easy to fit between trees and things. How long is the eiger in length like 85 inches or something? The wolverine is around 73. LOL ive been bragging about my wolverine, but the eiger is good. The eiger wont get stuck like the wolverine. I just dont like the eiger because it is so big and so heavy. JMO

Old 02-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBaller
Originally posted by: eiger187
. don't ever buy a full time 4wd machine.
UM WHY NOT. The wolverine is the best handleing 4x4. It probably handles better. And if you want, get a Warn 424. The wolverine is faster, lighter, and smaller then the eiger. I picked the wolverine because it feels much more sportier then the eiger even with its full time 4x4. Saying that you never got stuck doesnt mean n e thing n e ways. People get stuck with there brute forces and 800s, I think sooner or later, if you actualy ride in deep mud. big ditches. ect you will get stuck. I went through a mud pit with my wolverine and the mud was so high, it was past my front fenders. I had to stand on the seat to get through it. Never got stuck that time because it was mosly water in the mud pit. I got stuck in a stream with a 3 foot drop and a 3 foot vertical wall to get over it. Thats about the only time I got stuck. I would also perfer the wolverine if you are going in the trails, or hunting because it is so small and easy to fit between trees and things. How long is the eiger in length like 85 inches or something? The wolverine is around 73. LOL ive been bragging about my wolverine, but the eiger is good. The eiger wont get stuck like the wolverine. I just dont like the eiger because it is so big and so heavy. JMO
LOL.

For the sake of argument and my experience comparing the quads I had it would look like this:

Rancher = Eiger >>>>> Wolverine

Yes, the wolverine is a great quad..... but have you been on an Eiger to comment? The Eiger will blow away the wolverine in power and speed. It may not handle as well or jump as high but it is the ALL AROUND better machine. I will not consider another wolverine until they update it....both engine wise and the chassis! The new quads out today will obliterate the poor wolverine now with all the new features, better suspension and best of all engine power. IMO I just outgrew the wolverine and got spoiled my my modded P650 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

The wolverine is faster, and will get up to that top speed faster then the eiger.

Quick Reply: Wolverine or Eiger