Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor vs V Force in the real world

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor vs V Force in the real world

Pair,

You speak of tires with more "flotation". Those tires are already out there and in major use. Such as the paddla brats. A 22x14x8 tire with optional cut aways. you don't get more flotation than that. Most of the V-forces at sahara run aftermarket hubs to accomidate new rims and are running every conceivable paddle tire. They just don't have the power to weight ratio to hang with the other sport bikes.

~HoundDog

Old 07-18-2003, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
TripleBUFFS seem to work great for the V-force on the sand!! I have seen SamcoeDS's V out run EVERY Rappy or DS by several bike lenghts. IT takes a 686 rappy,or DS on Alky to beat his Piped.jetted. V-force. And only then it is by 1 quad lenght.

And as far as I can tell Samcoe is the only V-force owner(around here) that has taken the time to make his V-force run to its potential and be competitive. KUDOS!!!

Bigger.
Doesn't he have a 9 yr old driving for him? Thats cool, a win is a win.

Old 07-18-2003, 03:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes his kids ride the V-force most of the time, but It doesn't make much difference at all if Stacy himself is on it(maybe a quad lenght).

Bigger.

Old 07-19-2003, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

Lets look at the real world. We hit St. Anthonys and head for the big stuff. After the V force ******* it through the woops alll the way out we hit Thunder Mtn. We shoot up it and have to roll across the top. The force will get bogged in the sand at the top during the roll. (saw it) We then cruise over to deadhorse bowl. The weight of the force sucks it into the bottom. On choke cherry it climbs it, but at devils it doesn't do good at all. THe force is a good bike, no disrespect, but from what I saw in the real world it has too many of the characteristics that most quad riders spend time and money trying to remedy. (Weight, weight, weight, and drive( no swing arm extension possible, suspension- nose heavy as hell)

Old 07-19-2003, 01:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

TripleBUFFS seem to work great for the V-force on the sand!! I have seen SamcoeDS's V out run EVERY Rappy or DS by several bike lenghts. IT takes a 686 rappy,or DS on Alky to beat his Piped.jetted. V-force. And only then it is by 1 quad lenght.
Yes - I have heard about this bike and from what I think is that as soon as these aftermarket companies start producing parts for the V it will be competing on the drag strip soon but I dont think it would get a trophy on any cc or mx track.

Old 07-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

there's really nothing too aweful new about the V-force, so don't hold you breath for clutch mods and stuff that'll supposedly make all the difference. polaris quads have been in mx racing for a long time, and there are all kinds of mods for the 400 2-stroke and 500 4-stroke that make mega power, and clutch mods galore that really put it where you want it, but fact is auto tranny vs. experienced rider on manual just doesn't cut it.

Old 07-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

HighTower, Not sure thats completely accurate. Ask anyone who was in Aledo. Samcoeds V-force with his young son riding it was giving the older guys on big bore bikes heart failure in the 300ft. runs. Thats a kid racing against men 3, 4, and 5 times his senior. Just my thoughts.

Old 07-22-2003, 09:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Driver make the difference. There is no story here!
Therefore I would like to focuss the discussion on purly engine performances aspects.
Who has tried to compare the KFX700 against a Raptor or a DSBaja on a flat and uniform path in a race not requiring any driving ability? This is the only way to test who is better performing. Any result?

Old 07-22-2003, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

This is funny, Samcoeds took his V-force to Aledo, beat a lot of the modded bikes there and people still don't see any potential in the v-700.

R&d on the DS's and Rappy are almost to the limit, the V-forces' has just started.

Old 07-22-2003, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

I believe the V-Force has potential, its all there we just need to open it up. There should be some nice V's running next summer once the ignition is cracked or worked around. I doubt we will see alot of V's running to their full potential this summer, its to new still. Give it time and we will see. The raptor didn't get to its full potential in the summer it was released, did it?

Wait and see, tires with more power and a few clutch mods will make this beast run very well, atleast in the sand and drags. It will probably never run as good as other quads when it comes to MX, just to heavy for that stuff.

Quick Reply: Raptor vs V Force in the real world