Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Owners, how many we got now?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 05:41 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warrior Owners, how many we got now?

Glad to be a FORMER Warrior owner! Every time I changed oil, there would be a nice little pile of metal shavings in the housing around the oil filter. This went on for years! No thanks Yamaha!

Old 07-18-2003, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

recon- i have the same thing little bits of metal. but waht u have to relize is that mayb only yamaha has caought them and suzuki or others dont catch them and run thought th motor, but i doubt it.. i love my warrior wouldnt trade for anyting mayb an R. but people rag on the warior but there are lotz of us who ride them and love riding them, may be under powered. but who cars we have fun

Old 07-18-2003, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

Z400= frames breaking, Raptors= tranny problems, tipsy, Warrior= old, unchanged, etc. etc. Every quad has its flaws, so ride what you got, and ride it hard. My 2 cents......

Old 07-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Diablo- couldnt of said it better myself. ride what you have. if u dont like it, then ride it till its dead and get somethin new/ or used as long as you have fun its the main pt. also for all warrior owners what tires u have and what tires do u guys like!

Old 07-18-2003, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

I have Trail Wolfs up front, and Maxis All Tracks on the rear. They seem to be pretty good meats, alot better then stock.

Old 07-18-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

I got 20" hole shots in the rear stockers up front. Lots of bite alot better than stock.

Old 07-18-2003, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2000IAWarrior
NLWarrior how do u live your FMF powercore IV exhaust? looking for a pipe and not sure wat to get. probly PC T4 or supertrapp ids2 just for price.. but the Powercore and Megamax are same price. megamax is cheapter but i want sumtin a lil louder my old warrior had a ids2 on it and it was loud.. but i dont wat too loud. and wat lots of power out of it.
Hey 2000IA ... I'm not sure if I find much power gain with the FMF pipe on .. I bought the quad second hand with the pipe already installed, so I don't know what gains are actually had from it. The FMF site basically shows the dyno curve as having a wider power band than the stock pipe, but as for peak HP, it doesn't seem like it does much. As for loudness, it's not a loud pipe for riding, but I'm sure it sounds very different to someone you're passing. It seems fairly quiet at idle / trailing .. but when you crack the throttle wide open, it can certainly roar!! Hope that answers your question.

Anyone ever been clocked on their Warrior? I've heard some quotes up to 67mph!! The highest I've had mine was 95km/h (59mph) and it seemed fairly well topped out. It was still accellerating but very slowly. I can't envision getting her up to 67mph without blowing something up!!! At least not without dropping down a couple of teeth on the rear sprocket anyways ... I got my Razr's installed today and I've already found a huge difference in takeoff. The tires don't spin near as much any more and the front end has actually popped up on me a couple of times when i put on the squeeze. I'm impressed ;-)

Old 07-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

thanx. i think im going for the PC t4 or supertrapp just for price.eventually, looking for new tires.. to asnwer ur question NL warrior- ive been clocked by a truck on my stock warrior at 58 flat ground pavemetn and 63 without the baffle. on my old warrior i had my 2000 warrior had kn supertrapp jet, 20'' tires that sucker hauld of course i bought it use and had 15/42 i think for gearing, i was clocked by a steet bike on gravel at 67. and ran out of space so i think it would o about 68 or so. it flew, i mean i had a hard time lettin a grizz keep up iwth me the 600. so with a 40 tooth on the rear and going back up to some 22''s that thing would jus bout fly i think. i loved it. but idk that thing compared to my 03 felt huge!!! like a tank.. so my 03 -58-63. my 00 63-68 or so..

Old 08-31-2003, 01:11 PM
Trailblazer

i got a stock 87

Old 08-31-2003, 02:50 PM
Range Rover

i have a 99 no mods do u think i shoulkd sell and get a 400ex

Quick Reply: Warrior Owners, how many we got now?