Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Should I wait 4 yfz second year

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I wait 4 yfz second year

I want a yfz 450 so bad my thumb twitches. Should I really wait for the second year, or is it a safe bet thus far? How is the strenght of the frame? Any weak points were it could kink easy? Anyone run into any other problems? Eagger wallet awaits reply

Old 07-17-2003, 12:40 AM
Trailblazer

I was debating the same thing, but knowing the engine has been around a little while made me comfortable buying the first year. i seriously doubt there will be any problems with this quad. with out a doubt it is the nicest and fastest quad i've ever ridden, and i'm stilling babying it trying to break it in.

Old 07-17-2003, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

There is a dude on here who has already rolled his....he said the only damage was to his handlebars.....don't know how bad he rolled it, but he said he hit his head and he blacked out....so must have been pretty violent. He said nothing else happened. I'm hoping the 4 years of research and development will reduce the number of flaws in the first year model......HOPING!!!

Old 07-17-2003, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Here's the thread I was talking about

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/350753.cfm

Old 07-17-2003, 01:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Second year is a safer bet then the first year. No doubt about it.

Old 07-17-2003, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

The motor is a proven motor. we know that. And you know they wont change any erginomics. The only thing i am concerned with is the gear box and the clutch. If these things hold up then the bike will be great.

Old 07-17-2003, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

If it was me I would wait till the second year, but who knows, cause I haven't seen one in person and don't have the money burning a hole in my pocket. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2003, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

I feel the same way you do Optimus, I really want to buy it but I'm not sure I should. Just of cuz of what happened with the Raptor it's first year. I was at the dealer yesterday and I almost bought a white one, but I had to hold myself back....I think I'll wait till February to buy mine though, i think by then we should know if there are any problems...

Old 07-17-2003, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

the 'ol saying goes "you snooze ya lose". I don't know. I know where y'all are coming from, especially from seeing the 01 raptor! But, the thing is, the raptor was thrown together pretty fast. This yfz has been getting pound on since the raptor came out. I would think, in four years time, if there was going to be a problem, it would have already risen.
I was going to wait.............that didnt last long. I was the first person down to the yamaha shop to order mine. Got the first one to come in.
I am feeling a lot better about having the 1st year quad now though. Its a proven engine, and a lot of time was spent making and engineering this quad.

Old 07-17-2003, 06:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

One more year won't hurt you none, maybe they'll put a softer seat on next year.

Quick Reply: Should I wait 4 yfz second year