Yamaha is on a roll now

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 02:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha is on a roll now

Yamaha has there ducks in a row!!
1. Banshee- enough said
2. Raptor- when you want to get to the finish line or sail thru the dunes they are hard to beat when built
3. Yfz450- The new king for the younger wild crowd. Polaris,honda,canonfail and suzuki missed the mark by a long shot.

I would rather have any of those than....

The honda boys can say there handle the best (hard to get thrown off when all you have is 25 hp) and are reliable ( not much to break on a air cooled weezer motor)

the polaris guys can still say that there warrante is still the best. (they spend a lot of time in the shop)

the cannonfails can not say anything lol

and suzuki's can only hope to get there own version of the v-force.

Who do you think is going to try to compete with the new yzf450?? It will not be Honda, there last new sport quad (2001) was the 250ex with SHAFT drive. lol and there 450crf is not going to be the ticket if they ever get there nuts out of there sushi. I rode one 2 years ago and no one is going to like the 10 hour piston rings. Yamaha has done the most since the consent decree expired.

Old 07-20-2003, 02:21 AM
Trailblazer

I agree with you that the new YFZ is an awesome quad, I bought mine 2 weeks ago. I had it out last weekend to break it in, so I mostly took it very easy and made sure to give it time to break in properly. I am going out again tommorow and will surely whomp on it a bit more this time!!! It was the only one out that day and everyone loved it.

I have to say that I don't understand all the BS that goes on about who's quad is faster, quicker,etc.... I have a great time even when I ride my 400 EX and it's definately not the best quad out there.

The point to me is to just ride fast, have fun, have a blast and be safe. Just like sex!!!!

Take Care All..............

Late....

------------------------

'02 400 EX

'04 YZF 450 S

Old 07-20-2003, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
Yamaha has there ducks in a row!!
1. Banshee- enough said
2. Raptor- when you want to get to the finish line or sail thru the dunes they are hard to beat when built
3. Yfz450- The new king for the younger wild crowd. Polaris,honda,canonfail and suzuki missed the mark by a long shot.

I would rather have any of those than....

The honda boys can say there handle the best (hard to get thrown off when all you have is 25 hp) and are reliable ( not much to break on a air cooled weezer motor)

the polaris guys can still say that there warrante is still the best. (they spend a lot of time in the shop)

the cannonfails can not say anything lol

and suzuki's can only hope to get there own version of the v-force.

Who do you think is going to try to compete with the new yzf450?? It will not be Honda, there last new sport quad (2001) was the 250ex with SHAFT drive. lol and there 450crf is not going to be the ticket if they ever get there nuts out of there sushi. I rode one 2 years ago and no one is going to like the 10 hour piston rings. Yamaha has done the most since the consent decree expired.

Is there really a point to this thread?

Old 07-20-2003, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

Is there really a point to this thread?[/quote]

Yes, dumbass. Yamaha is on a roll!

Old 07-20-2003, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kracker
Is there really a point to this thread?

Yes, dumbass. Yamaha is on a roll![/quote]

You mean in the corners?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2003, 06:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The point?? Yamaha has the best choices out there, and the ***** to produce them. The other makers have good stuff out but not in the same leauge as yamaha. If yamaha had not released the raptor in 2001 the v-force, z-400,predator and cannon would probalby not exist. The 2001 raptor flew off the show room floors and guys had to wait to get theres. That is no longer the case but before 2001 the choices for 4 strokes was slim

1. warrior
2. lakota
3. mohave
4. 300 ex
5. the new 400ex

those get the old blood pumping. In 1998 what could play at olds hill as a 4 stroke????????????

Old 07-20-2003, 07:07 AM
Pro Rider

yep. I had to wait for my raptor in the summer of 01. and pay full tilt.
Got a lot of looks, still does, and it's nothing special. maybe its the sound.
No problems either. lotsa fun![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2003, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Dont forget the DS,.. them guys get pissy when you forget about them in year comparisons.

Old 07-20-2003, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

LOL, yeah the DS came out in 2000 and the only real sport quad was the banshee and the 400ex, but now they consider a 400ex a sport machine, hehehe, not high performance compared to the others out there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2003, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

If yamaha had not released the raptor in 2001 the v-force, z-400,predator and cannon would probalby not exist.
just as said before the chanucks stepped up first in 00 with a large displacement open area 4 stroke sport quad.

the other dudes just pissed cause your cranking on pooplaris[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Yamaha is on a roll now