Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I'm planing a trip to The Badlands in Attica Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 04:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm planing a trip to The Badlands in Attica Indiana

I'm not quite sure when im going as of this time prolly mid august or later maybe sooner all i know is i've NEVER bee nthere and wodnered if some people wanted to maybe u know go there and hang out and ride together and **** all day 9-5 15$ a day everyday for a 1day pass 20 for a 2 day and 30 for a 3 day but ill prolyl only go 1 maybe jstu maybe 2 not sure tho so if neof u have ever bee nthere and wanna come jsut post and well talk and stuff..... also i MIGHT check out the BADLANDS in attica when i come back form my trip to BLoomington this weekend(friday-Sunday) so ill prolyl go SUNDAY!!! so ya not sure when we might c it IF we go to c it so maybe ill c some of u when i go this weekend not to badlands but to c what the place is liek and stuff. and u think it's hard for u to read this u should c what i ty[pe on other forum's ....... lol j/j

Old 07-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Trailblazer

personally i wouldn't waste my time or money going to the Badlands in Attica. we had a group of eight people (ages 14-45) go up there last august. we started saturday morning, paid for the whole weekend and everyone one of us was ready to leave by noon (saturday). we ended up leaving by 3 and did not return on sunday. our group consisted of all sport bike, 400ex's, z400, and raptors. if would be a good idea to check it out before you plan an entire weekend. this is just my opinion and 7 others who made a 2 hour trip and were very disappointed.

Old 07-24-2003, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

C'mon now,you can't leave a negative review without telling us why you didn't like it there! Too crowded? Weekends usually are. Not enough trailriding? Drag strip too short? I go there quite often, and I love it, then again I only live 15 mins away, so I might be partial to the place! For $15.00, I think its a cool place, and they have a little bit of everything.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer

it was crowded, but it wasn't too bad. the main thing we did not like was the trail riding, it just wasn't enough to keep us going and the sand got boring quick. like i said, this is only an opinion, all i can say is that our group will never ride at attica again.
we generally ride in a small town in southern Indiana called Spurgeon, it consists of wooded trails, spoil banks, coal flats, mud, hills (i won't even think about climbing), its free and it's only 20 minutes from home and in our opinions the riding is 10 times better than attica.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:44 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Just my opinion but Spurgeon is going down hill too. The riding was better 5--10 years ago before everyone and his uncle started coming in there because of the lynville and Oaklyn city closings. Matter of fact there is so many no trespassing signs going up in Pike county because of all the 4/wheelers coming in. Just remember everything north of the county road that you come in on off state road 61 is private property and could be closed at anytime to riders so that riding area could shrink.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:52 AM
Trailblazer

RAPTORYFM660r, i agree with what you are saying, but even with it getting run down it is still much better than "the badlands".
are you from the area?

Old 07-24-2003, 11:55 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Yes, I ride Pike county all the time or should I say the rural rock roads. I can ride over to Spurgeon/Interlake area from my place.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

diablo u wanna go up there when i go?? me and u and plus guys im new to the sport and i need the dif terains plus i think it would b fun also do u need a flag??

Old 07-24-2003, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

When are you going, Sunday or Monday? I'm possibly going on a weekend trip next weekend to Kentucky, so I'm not sure if I can pull off two in a row. If you go sunday, I might be able to go. I know they're having a Rockcrawling competition there this weekend, so they might be a little crowded. I'll see. You do need a flag, which they sell there. They have 6-8 ft flags, and range from I think $15.00 to $20.00. You also need a helmet. They sell a good amount of gear at thier store, as well as at the Polaris dealer up the road.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

o ok kewl ill prolyl go to check the palce out on sunday sometime but i prolyl wont go till teh 17th on August maybe sooner also badlands is 15mins form lafiyette? what about W lafeyette? i go trough o nthe highway that bypasses downtown maybe ill have a chance to go c the place tomorrow when i go trough

Quick Reply: I'm planing a trip to The Badlands in Attica Indiana