Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

More Raptor owners give in to YFZ!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 11:36 PM
rc3
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Raptor owners give in to YFZ!

Speaking of Craycraft, where are they located!!

Old 07-29-2003, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

After watching the videos at Devils Dune I want Wash Redskin's 686. Or talk Mrs. Rascal into that setup on hers (fat chance!) You guys that are five foot eight and 160 can take them little 450s, fast as they are.

Old 07-30-2003, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Craycraft is located in Aledo, TX. That is just out side of Fort Worth.

Hey Shady, wake up! You're dreaming. Just kidding... But seriously, It would take a hundred pound Raptor rider to beat or maybe just hang with a 400 pound YFZ rider.lol

Old 07-30-2003, 12:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Geez RC, I never said they'd blow away piped Raptors. I've seen first hand what a competent rider on the YFZ can do against another competent rider on a piped Raptor. They are pretty close the YFZ won by a tad the first race and lost by a tad the second race and the Raptor rider weighed aprox 75lbs less and this was up Choke cherry at St Anthonys. I'm not trading my Raptor in on a YFZ ever. I would however go out and buy a YFZ if I could afford it. They are over priced.

Shady. My Raptor does well. It's a relativly mild 686. If I had the FCR's and titanium vlaves, stage 2 cam and springs blah blah, the list goes on. IMO you can get pretty much what I have with a stock bore 11:1, stage 1 hotcam. Talk her into it. It makes riding the Raptor much more fun.

Old 07-30-2003, 12:17 AM
rc3
Pro Rider

skin, it's all good just having a little bit of fun, i had better settle down before it get's out of control, I am just having a hard time coping with the whole 450 keeping up and beating my 660 sometimes.

For all of you Raptor owners I have a serious question? I am thinking about selling/trading my raptor for a Banshee. How do you guys with 686 kits compare to built banshee's, because if I can make my raptor out run them and be somewhat reliable I probally will. Please give your honest opinions!!

Old 07-30-2003, 12:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes this YFZ is bad A$$ and it will beat a piped and jetted Raptor, I seen it at Pismo this last weekend. Totally stock YFZ beat my buddies piped and jetted Raptor by 5-6 bike lengths and he has riden for years. No joke this bike has potential and if were piped and jetted this thing would be ready for an mx track for sure.

Old 07-30-2003, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

A piped & jetted YFZ450 will spank a piped & jetted Raptor with equal riders EVERY TIME!
Infact that also goes for a piped & jetted banshee. Hands Down!!

Old 07-30-2003, 04:10 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, I'm not going to get into the "mine is better" thing.... Personally I think it's stupid. I mean c'mon..... last time I checked Yamaha made the Raptor AND the YFZ.

But you guys shouldn't knock the YFZ until you've actually ridden one. Needless to say my Banshee will be collecting dust and might end up with a For Sale sign on it next spring.

Old 07-30-2003, 05:24 AM
Pro Rider

The YFZ450 is DEFINATELY my next quad!

I havent even seen them yet. They are only arriving in the country next week.

Dont worry.....Im still a raptor LUVA, and wont sell her.

Old 07-30-2003, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer

I dont know what else to say, but again, it was the raptor owners that were saying that the yfz would beat their machines, not me. That pretty much says it all.

I'm running with the peashooter out, lid off and a 165 main jet. Is any one else using this same set up?
Im interested to see the diff. from sea level to were I ride , wich is 3000 ft

Quick Reply: More Raptor owners give in to YFZ!