Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

craycraft engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 11:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default craycraft engines

You guys that have had craycraft build your engines, how do you like them. He talked to me a couple times today about porting my YFZ 450. Have you been impressed with there port work. Bob craycraft is an extremely nice guy and great to talk to.

Old 07-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

They do excellent port work. About the 450 though, I saw a post on another forum about someone who had their head looked at for porting and was told there was little that could be gained from it. They also said they called sparks and got the same answer. I know Bob hasn't gotten a 450 to work with yet so maybe he will have a different say in it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2003, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

He's a perfectionist. Their kits, P&P, and tuning are not only fast BUT reliable also. I've ridden and hung out with the Craycraft group for the last few years and they're all first class.

Old 07-29-2003, 11:43 PM
Range Rover

That was me that talked to the machine shops and sparks racing. I talked to Craycraft today and they would love to give it a try. I just hope it 's worth it, the ports are really clean to begin with. If it would make a difference then it would definantly be worth it.

Old 07-29-2003, 11:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I haven't seen a lot of port work to compare but they did what I consider to be a great job porting my raptors head. As for the YFZ. I'd think if nothing else there would be casting flaws to clean up and port match the carb boots etc. Maybe you could work a deal and have them do your head for free so they could see what needs to be done then they'd know what to charge others etc. Just a thought.

Old 07-30-2003, 01:05 AM
Range Rover

The boot is allready matched to the ports. I will post pictures in my gallery.

Old 07-30-2003, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

No complaints at all with my rap, Love the speed and the power,very happy with the work and reliability..

and it's getting better by the ride...

Old 07-30-2003, 03:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Send it in, Craycraft is into quads. Bob is a straight shooter and not into BS.Jerry Craycraft will go over your head and make improvements where needed. I see the potential in there my self. Jerry is a master craftsman in his trade. He has been doing this for 30 plus years. Pick up any magazine in his office and you will find highlighted articles on new techniques. The head is just part of the air pump, the more effecient the more power it can make. I know that there is some stuff that will make a large improvent thru Craycraft head porting. Jerry is a racer and has been down the track a time or 2. The best thing about Craycraft is that JERRY is the only one to port/polish the heads. At some shops they have multiple people porting on the heads and they are not that tolerant from one to the other. What do you stand to lose??? Nothing, you will have one of the first port/poished quads out there kicking booty. There raptors speak for them selves. Soon to be predators and z-400's. If you send it in and do not like your port job i will send you your money back. I have that much faith in Jerry. I went to his shop at midnight a month ago and he spent 2 hours working on my head and other quad items. (I called at 6pm and told him i was coming lol)

Old 07-30-2003, 03:26 AM
Pro Rider

I have delt with Jerry and Bob several times this year and no complaints. The more I talk to Bob and Jerry the more I kick myself in the but for not talking to them sooner.

They are a first class act, no doubt about it!!!

Old 07-30-2003, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

I spent big bucks getting a Buick 455 over 500 reliable HP on pump gas. I sent my heads and intake to THE BEST 455 engine builder in the country for porting and valve upgrades (also in TX:-). When I got my Craycraft ported head back, I knew I made the right choice because the quality of the job was every bit as good as my $2200 Buick heads. Besides the quality of their work, the turnaround time, and the price, the service after the sale is the best I've ever experienced. I've been on the various quad forums for 9 months and I've NEVER heard a single complaint about Craycraft's work or customer service. Go for it, you've now got a money back guarantee from 14mins.

Quick Reply: craycraft engines