Great all around trail quad

Cons:
Tall ZPS Shocks do wonders
Tippy A-arms and axle do wonders
Heavy oops still pretty heavy.

How does it compare to a Predator...
Stock about the same speed wise
The Predator is wider and handles better
The Raptor Stock I think makes a better trail quad, torque plus a plush suspension and reverse
Predator stock makes a better track quad wide and better suspension
Price both are about the same REAL WORLD Raptors as of late are being heavily discounted and Predators are being discounted also.
Both are still Pretty heavy when compared to LTZ, KFX and YFZ
Predator comes with some aftermarket goodies that the Raptor lacks, Braided lines, Razr tires, Chromoly axle.
The Raptor has been out a few years all the issues are out on the Table, Issues with the Predator are still surfacing.
Upgrade potential right now the Raptor has a decided edge. Predator upgrades are just starting to come out!

You decide what is best for your needs.

Nocando

Old 07-30-2003, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pros/ cons of a raptor

RaptorRider660R,

That's about the best, most honest evaluation I have heard in a long time. AWESOME job dude. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

~HoundDog

Old 07-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

pros - awsome power potential, no real stock vs stock compitition

cons - jetting carbs is a pain, and no stock vs stock compitition

its funny how only the non rappy owners say its tippy.. my opinion on that is I guess their just not experienced enough riders to know when to lean.

Old 07-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Well said RaptorRider660R!

I agree totally! I own a pred, and my bud owns a 03 LE raptor. We've both ridden each others and agree..suspension, pred, comfort, raptor. I love the low end grunt of the raptor..and its super comfy on trail rides!

My choice of quad if i didnt get my pred would definitly be a raptor! But for now im happy wiht my Pred! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2003, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

I think were being too honest here,but that is good,and the only predator that got 2 lengths from me was running methanol ..they are both great bikes but i wouldent trade my rappy in for one,and like CTraptor said it's alwasy the non owners saying it's too tippy,and i have never found that as a problem..

Ct let's meet up for halloween at Glamis, cant wait to ride,it's been awhile ..later

Old 07-31-2003, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I cant wait for this season.. although my bike is still taken apart for the summer maintance, I dont think im gonna be gettin away from these sand sharks though, and I prefer k&n's for my adapter but Ive yet to order them. I still want to do the mild CR686 vs stock bore but whats this thing about you and getting stage 2 and 12:1? thats ok I'l race against that to.

Old 07-31-2003, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

My brother and I have rappys and my cousin has a predator.......we ride together all of the time.........mine has the mods that are in my sig plus a little and hte other two are stock as the come...............

I like the predator's suspension......I think it is an all around good bike but I just couldn't bring myself to buy a polaris..........especially a new one.......(sport......I like the utilities)

I like the torque of the rappy.....but if you put a high comp piston in a pred I think it would have a good amount of torque also............

Old 07-31-2003, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

If im lucky then i will have the stage 2 and the 12:1 piston,and yes we could still race and have fun...I ordered the skat traks this week so i hope i will have them soon..

Old 08-01-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

A raptor is kind of tippy compared to the predator and the 400cc quads. Any good rider can learn to ride it without tipping it over but I know a lot of raptor owners that say there a bit tippy. If you widen one that solves that problem though and you're still going to be way more powerful than the 400cc quads.
Pros: awesome power, wheelies easy, reverse(gotta have it), the best looks of them all, plenty of aftermarket stuff.
Cons: a little tippy(can be compensated for if you know how to ride), wheelies easy, and very sought after by freakin theives.(they get stolen down here very often!)

Old 08-01-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: owde
are they really worth the money??
Definitly!