Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Stock Banshee Vs Stock Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Banshee Vs Stock Raptor

Raptor wins, this is stock for stock, banshee's have cricket like exhuast, lol, they also respond better to pipes,.

Old 08-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

stock banshee has more top end speed ,when my bike was "stock" i would run down the raptor all day, now i don't think there is a raptor out there that will out drag me, i'm right at 105 mph now and wanting more, thats what i love about the banshee , "the skies the limit"

Old 08-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cctman
Originally posted by: SLIM660
I will say my stock Raptor was faster than the stock Banshees I had raced. Stock for stock it could go either way and the reason I say this is because both average a top speed of anywere from 71 to 75 mph. You can take two stock Raptors and one will be Faster than the other; you can also take two stock Banshees and one will be faster than the other. Some Raptors produce more power than some Banshees and some Banshees produce more power than some Raptors; these bikes are so close in speed and HP that if the riders are equal that slightly more power(MAYBE YOUR BANSHEE OR RAPTOR IS THE ONE PRDUCING MORE THAN THE OTHER BANSHEE OR RAPTOR YOU WERE RUNNING) will decide which will win. I hope this makes since. Slim
I agree completely... On a side note thats why those that are serious about racing get their engines blue printed. This usually does a lot to increase the performance of ATV's and motocross bikes. The reason why you could have the same ATV engine put out more hp than another one sitting right beside it on the assembly line is because when engines are made they are developed by the masses. You can have one engine cyclinder that was pressed wrong, crooked, Intake/Ports aren't evenly balanced. These minute differences speak volumes at 7,000 -9,000 RPMs. A small difference in angle or clearance between piston and head can add a hp or two and alter the powerband. This happens even more substantially in sport bikes. Blue printing is basically taking the measurements of your cylinder and making sure every angle of every port, intake, height, width, is exactly like it should be (to spec). In my opinion it makes a better peformance gain to do this too 2 strokes than 4 strokes and this is often overlooked. Thats why you often see different variations between different banshees and there performance. So to assume your stock raptor can take all stock banshees or vice-versa is pretty rediculous.
I never said that I could beat any stock shee.....I said that I beat 3......and I have never had one beat me.....

I'm sure there is a stock shee out there that could have out run me......just like there is surely another stock rappy out that could out run several shees

Old 08-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

The stock raptor is faster than the stock banshee by like 5 miles an hour according to dirt wheels 73 vs 78... but who cares the raptor is junk and has no handling or stability and needs a tranny change as often as an oil change. Besides a stock A raptor can't touch a stock banshee once the banshee is on the pipes. Put toomeys on that banshee and its not even a race anymore.... I don't care what you do to the raptor you cannot keep up to that. A toomey piped banshee with everything else stock besides filters and jets is CRAZY!!!!!!!! 4TH GEAR WIDE OPEN, THE TOP END POWER IS NUTS!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO GET ONE!!!!

Old 08-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

6'1" 150 he is skinny as hell[/quote]

u think thats bad
<<<<<<almost 6'2 135lbs

Old 08-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Range Rover

I have only been riding since the middle of april and only had the opportunity to race one raptor. He had some kinda exhaust on it (i think yosh) and also an air filter. My banshee was completely stock and we raced rolling from 3-5 mph so the race would depend more on the quad than the rider. Well i feathered the clutch to get my rpm's up once the race started and by the time i hit 3rd gear i turned around and the rappy was nowhere in sight. Turns out he just quit cause there was no way he was gunna beat me. He is an experienced rider and has i think an 01 or 02 rappy. This race was on a dirt/gravel road. Turns out i hit him in the gogles with a rock and cracked them (he wasnt mad about the lens but he was pissed that he lost.

Just my 2 cents...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE MY GOOD OL 2-STROKE!

Old 08-05-2004, 03:13 PM
Trailblazer

What you described is exactly what I would expect to happen in a race between these two machines. Get caught behind a two stroke and your dead. Cause if the roost don't kill ya My rich jetted 20:1 premix will!!!! hahahahahahaha
My Lt with the 22 inch rear tires has sent large rocks catapulting about 30 feet. A couple of times I have sent small logs and roots flying into my buddies face when I ride up front!!! The banshee when on the pipes is the roost king!!!!

Old 08-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

My Raptor is faster then My Shee

Old 08-05-2004, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, man I was wondering when you were going to make that comparison since you were the one that asked the original question and have both bikes...lol.

Old 08-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

LTrider4life, if the banshee is so great, than y cant my buddies shee keep up with me in acceleration? we've raced many times, but until i top out, i got him. we've raced on grass, sand, and gravel. the shee had a k&n filter, jeting, and pipes, but my raptor is stalk

Quick Reply: Stock Banshee Vs Stock Raptor