great to be Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 07:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great to be Canadian

Originally posted by: Vakero
NL WARRIOR

First-------I believe that you and I have never met. I looked back at my post and I see nothing about shooting trespassers on my property. As a matter of fact for your information there is not much I would shoot a person for, least of a which a Quad. But how would you know that?? Do you think you know me?--------You don't.
But you'd shoot me for coming down with my maple syrup .. you said so (at least if I was coming for your gun.). You're right. I don't know you. You don't know me. Do you even know my country?? If you don't know my country then where do you get off telling me not to speak of what I don't know? You were pretty quick to down Canada as being the second worst "free" country in the world. The only one worse than Canada in your opinion .. was France. Have you ever lived in either of these two countries? If not then you're as bad as me for comments against the other.

Fourth------ I don't own guns to restrict another person from their freedom. I own them because I like them, just as I like ATVs. If I did restrict another persons freedom with a firearm I wouldn't for long because police would confiscate it and I would be in jail. Our Constitution provides for Congress to make laws and direct the power of law enforcement to revoke 2nd amendment rights under certain circumstances and that would meet the criteria.
I'm glad you like your guns. Everyone needs a hobby. I have friends here that have numerous gun collections for both sport and just general collecting. But I fail to equate registration with confiscation. In Canada (someone correct me if I'm wrong here ..) you are expected to register your guns. If you don't want to register your guns, then you are expected to turn them in. If you don't plan on doing harm with your guns (at least illegal harm, cuz shooting animals does harm them, though I'm not against hunting), then what's the bother with having them registered?

Fifth-----------Hypocrite??? Again, how would you know, we've never met so on what do you base your assertion, your whitty intellect? It doesn't apear so.
I misinterpreted a bit of your post. I'm sorry for that. But again, you slagged Canada presumably without living there, and when I retaliated against your comments you basically said "hey, don't say stuff about me when you don't know me", so for that you are a hypocrite.

Do I "do the best I can", Damn right, every day, I do the best job I can. I love my wife, my children my neighbors and my Country.
For that I applaude you. I do the same for my family here in Canada. I never said you didn't do your best, and as you so frequently pointed out .. I don't know you so how could I comment on that?

The only thing great thing about Canada is minority of good people and abundance of good maple syrup.
And you once again display that which the world has come to view as the American Perspective. You can't see the forest for the trees. Just because we're not part of the US doesn't mean we're worthless. I agree that national pride is very very very important, but ignorance and arrogance is just plain wrong. It comes back to what I said before. Nobody is better. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses.

As for the minority of good people in Canada, find the people who were stranded in Atlantic Canada (in Newfoundland in particular) during the tradgedy of 9-11 and ask them what they think of the people here. I'm pretty sure you'll find that they disagree with your last comment.

Take care man, and once again, sorry if I offended you personally by misinterpreting your post.

Old 08-07-2003, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

I think Mrs. trx440 has got a pretty good sense of humor! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].......hope your family makes it back up to Michigan someday where we can enjoy it a little more.......we like 'fun' people!

"Have fun on your little 'go-cart' chat room....."(lol)

Old 08-07-2003, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Everybody must be happy where they are at, Canada from what i hear is nice and green, America is that too, but luckily filled with sand dunes... i personally would never move to Canada for the simple fact that from what i hear they do not have dunes...i think... i also have heard some good things about some Canadians that met up with my friend of mine THE PUNISHER in ST.As, in fact i think they even drove to ST. ANTHONYS here in America to ride in the beautifull dunes that we have...and they had a great time from what i hear..
I believe there are some dunes in western/central canada, but nothing compared to what I've seen in pics and videos posted here on this forum. You guys do have some wicked looking sand dunes there and I'd dearly love to try them out. 'Course I'd prolly need something a little stronger than my Warrior. That Chokecherry Hill looks awesome.

Old 08-07-2003, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blackballed
I think Mrs. trx440 has got a pretty good sense of humor! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].......hope your family makes it back up to Michigan someday where we can enjoy it a little more.......we like 'fun' people!

"Have fun on your little 'go-cart' chat room....."(lol)
I agree with you blackballed!! She's got a good perspective on it all doesn't she?? Haha!! We should all be so happy as her.

Cheers to you Mrs. trx440!!

Old 08-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kawazuki400
once again back to the insurance topic.i pay 250.00 on my kfx 400.i think usa is a very rich and beautifull country,.on the other hand their beer tastes like gator **** so i have no intentions of ever moving there.and our gun lawa are lame.im deemed a criminal because mine are not registerd.they can go $^&* them selves. thanks.

Please tell me why registering your gun is so wrong? I know where I lived people hate to register their guns, they will not do it. Its just dumb not to. People don't do it because they are cheap and don't want to spend money on registering their guns while in the past they never had to. Thats the reason that I come up with, if its not right then please educate me on why you do not register your guns?

Old 08-07-2003, 11:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Please tell me why registering your gun is so wrong?
If it were ONLY registration, with no alternate plans most people in the USA would not have a problem with that. Our 2 primary problems with registration is:

1) It's another form of government control
2) It gives the anti-gun crowd a stepping stone for the next level, which is restricting ownership.

It's much harder for the anit-gun crowd to restrict gun ownership when they don't know who owns what guns. Registration is a stepping stone that both Great Britain and Austraila both took before imposing the bans that they have inplace today.

As far as Americans (US Americans) being arrogant, well... I hate to say it but it's true and it's a dangerous mindset to have. I heard a joke a while back that stuck in my head: "You know the world has turned upside down when the number 1 golfer is black, the number one rapper is white, the tallest NBA star is Chinese, and France is calling Americans arrogant!"

Old 08-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

I believe our gun registration system is different than the American one. I was refereing to the Canadian gun registration, sorry for the mix up.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:54 AM
KGB
Pro Rider

Polarisduse, thats all you got? Hockey medals, Kokanee, and some moon conspiracy theory....Go back and read my original post.
My problem with Canada is they sponge off the American Economy and don't have to pay to do it. They don't have to spend one fourth of what they would on defense if they didn't live next door to us. They wouldnt be able to export all that oil and lumber to anybody if they weren't our nextdoor neighbor. It just irratated me ever since that stupid Canadian government bi#ch on tv got caught saying "Damn ignorant Yankees" when all that Iraqi war crap was going down. There is no respect from the Canadian government for what America provides to you, the Canadian people.
You might be right, one day the superpower, AMERICA might go down some day, but there is something I am POSITIVE about, we won't be counting on Canada or anybody else to help us out....Can Canada say that? I can answer for you NO.

Old 08-07-2003, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trx440
Tyre,

I'll give you this, Whistler and Banff/Lake Louise ski resorts [been to both] are better than any 2 ski resorts in the US. But I wouldn't trade the Lake Tahoe-Mammoth Mountain area for either one of them. Canadian Rockies, US Rockies just not that much difference to me. There are SO many places to ski in the states. I would rather ski Taos, New Mexico anyway. Danger!

I used to love snowmobiling but the cold gets old and quads are more fun if not anywhere near as fast as fast.

You're right about the cold areas of North America not being "bad". But, more people move to the California, Arizona, Nevada and New Mexico areas of the states for one reason, the weather.

Enjoy the cold, it's been fun debating this subject with you. If you ever want to go duning,pack up the DS and come down as my guest at Glamis over any of the big Holiday weekends. It's the best. And that we CAN'T argue over.
That's a big 10-4. Over. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2003, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

Sandneck,
I just saw your post on the outflux of Californians in 02. They still lead the nation in new residents but they also lead the nation in people moving out. Home prices are so high that many are cashing in and moving to Arizona and Nevada [from SoCal]where homes are much cheaper. In Northern California many are moving to Oregon where it is not only cheaper [homes and cost of living] but the taxes are a fraction of Cali's.

The influx of Californians was actually on the front page of the Arizona Republic yesterday.

Quick Reply: great to be Canadian