Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Let's talk about handle bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's talk about handle bars

I bought the TAG T-2 bars and mount for my Raptor. I love em, but they vibrate pretty bad. I only notice it when I'm riding flat out, but I know that even if I don't notice it, they're still vibrating and that leads to fatigue. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you correct it.

Old 07-31-2003, 04:40 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I have the same bars on my ex, I had the opposite happen. But what you can do is fill them with silicone, it will dampen it some. You can also buy , or use the stock bar ends, they are for anti-vibe.
After that buy a stem with a rubber mount like the LS.

Old 07-31-2003, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Eventually I will get a new stem and that should fix it, but I was looking for a short term solution. The silicone thing sounds good, but it sounds like a one time take it or leave it solution. Has anyone tried the things you stick in the end of the bars. Anti vibration incerts I think they're called.

Old 07-31-2003, 04:47 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Yeah thats what I meant by the stock bar ends. They came on your rappy, if you don't have them, I have many sets. I haven't tried them, but I haven't had vibration either.

Old 07-31-2003, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

I wish I knew that about the inserts, I bought my bike used and the bars had a slight bend in them. I bought a couple sets of cheap steele bars because I knew I would be hard on them going through the learning curve. Now I have the fat bars and I like them a lot. I want to put my hand guards on them but I need fat bar adapters. I wonder if that will take some of the vibration out.

Old 07-31-2003, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

I had the same problem. After I put a big bore kit in my R, my hands would cramp up when riding WFO. I couldn't take it anymore so I bought a lonestar anti-vibe stem and some protaper (fatbars) handlebars.

I could honestly say it made a world of difference, after 6 hours I am still fresh where before my hand were so cramped I could not hold on anymore after about 2-3 hours.

If you keep the rubber bushing nuts fairly loose on the stem, you get a wonderful damping effect, rubbery like. It really isolates the vibration and look kick azz.

I really regret not doing it sooner, I have developed a serious case of tendonitis because of it and now live with the pain everyday.

Old 07-31-2003, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

What do you gain from getting aftermarket handle bars?

Old 07-31-2003, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

That's all I need is another ach or pain. My stem may have a slight tweek in it and I was planning on replacing it. I may have to do it sooner than later. Since I'm kinda layed up now, I may put it off till winter.

Old 07-31-2003, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

It depends on how you ride. I ride mostly MX and tend to put it on it's side once in a while. Cheap bars bend easy. Also, I like a slightly wider set of bars.

Old 07-31-2003, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer

i have a kx100. last year i got answer series 2000 bars on them, i think those are stock yz85 bars. best bars i have ever had.

Quick Reply: Let's talk about handle bars