Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wide Tracs Wheel Spacers for Grizz?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 05:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wide Tracs Wheel Spacers for Grizz?

Anybody running those aluminum wheel spacers (or Durablue's for that matter) on a Grizzly? I've thought about getting these to run with the stock rims to make it a bit more stable. Not sure how wide its going to make it though. I don't want the tires hanging out there and looking all stupid. Also don't want to find myself not fitting through trees where other quads go easily. If it offsets it the same as an ITP rim does, that would be perfect.

Old 08-06-2003, 10:46 PM
Trailblazer

yeah, i'm interested too, specially after it rolled down a hill around 8 times this past weekend. i love this bike but its not that fun in the mountains of west virginia. i saw the ones from dura blue for $100. but i'm wondering the same things you are.

Old 08-07-2003, 09:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No joke, I'm sick of running my mud tires all the time, but its so much more confident on sidehills with the ITP rims over the stock that I won't put them back on that often. I guess I could get another set of aftermarket rims, but the stockers weigh absolutely nothing. Plus, even with the added weight of spacers, the weight is all centralized around the hub where its not going to effect much as far as power loss goes. Kind of like a figure skater. When their arms and legs are all hung out, they spin slower, but if they tuck up, they spin a lot faster. I would imagine the same principle applies.

And then again, I don't want to pay $160 for spacers and then have the tires hanging out and the quad to look like one of those crappy lowrider Honda cars with the offset gold rims. Looks like a rat or something going down the street.