Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should i get?

I recently had the pleasure of being victim to a drunk drivers hit and run. So in the end after the fight to get a rental car ( kinda hard when your under 21), the fights with the insurance company trying to put cheaper than OEM parts on my truck, and all the visits to the chiropractor, it wasnt too bad. My truck is like new again, my back and neck arnt sore any more also was able to get the cute reseptionists number, and the cherry on the crap cake is the little somthin'somthin' that my lawyer got me for the "pain and suffering." Disclaimer: I just want to make it clear that im not one of thoes sue happy a$$holes like the ones suing McDonalds for making them fat. The idiot was driving drunk hit me and then just kept driving oh yeah it was also the day before my birthday, oh yeah I had just bought my truck the month before. It was like he raped me and didnt have the common cortisee to give me a reach around! So damn straight hes geting sued!!

Anyway enough of my ranting. I wanna buy another quad and Yamaha has always been my #1 choise ( the polaris was givein to me gotta represent). Also my riding skills have pretty much exceeded what I can push my tboss to do. I have bout $3k I would like to stick with 2 stroke but can still live with a 4. I was comparing blasters and warriors and ran into a few questions 1 would a 200cc really be too small for me? im 6'1'' bout 220lbs my tboss isnt slowed down any by my size and its only a 250. 2 I like the suspention on the warrior over the blaster but the 350 4 stroke doesnt apeal much to me Is it the same motor from the wolverine? 3 If so wouldnt the warrior be kind of a turd? 4 can i find a good used banshee 2000 and newer for $3K? If so the banshee would be the one to choose, right? ( duh I should be able to answer that one for my self) I ride mostly wooded trails, fire roads, and the occational mx track also never rode dunes before but would like to when I have a better machine. So y'all know your yamahas better than i do what should I get?

Thanks for reading my long post I really have to learn to get to my point and not rant so much. lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

If you want to be fixing it more than riding it, you could get a Banshee. With the money you have, I would go with the Warrior. It is a heck of a lot faster than that trail boss and about 85.7 times more reliable than a Banshee. The Banshee is a ton faster, but I would still take the reliability of the Warrior.

Old 08-07-2003, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

if u are 6'1'' ur deff. too big for a blaster i know lots of tall people that ride warriors. but banshees are the most fun so if ur willing to give up a little more reliabilite for fun which is a good choice than get the banshee. good luck whatever u choose

Old 08-07-2003, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

Your too big for a Blaster and would probably not be satisfied with the power of the warrior for long (no offense warrior riders), so if I was you I would get a Banshee, two stroke with tons of potential, and you should definetly be able to find one for around 3k. Just IMO.

Old 08-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Trailblazer

Why is the banshee so unreliable? does it foul plus a lot? does it become a pain to kick start? what? also not so fast on the warrior being "a heck of a lot faster" than the tboss. well your right 2000 and on the new 4stroke tboss is a turd but the 250s were the same as the tblazers but with differant plastics and a rack. now im not saying stock for stock the tboss is faster just the warrior isnt that much faster. as for my tboss i have owned a few warriors most stock some modded but if i were to meet a warrior as modded as me well then he should win but thats just that stupid 2 stroke vs 4 stroke argument again. oh and as for bring it on banshee thats kind of a joke I only beat one and it was a stock rusty old 91 or 92. I still got respect for the warrior it is a better quad than mine with the lighter weight, standard tranny, and dual a-arms. my suspention is just too soft even after my mods. plus its goofy lookin with the nickle plated pipe and full floorboards. thats just my 2cents im not trying to start any arguments just representin what i got.

Old 08-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Trailblazer

If any one wants to trade their yfz450 for my tboss and 3 grand (yeah right!) just let me know.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

I understant what you mean. But even if it is based on the Trailblazer, the TrailBlazer will still lose to a Warrior pretty badly. Your Trail Boss is so modded it might stay close to a Warrior though. Personally I would never buy a 2 stroke. I like the power, but I like just having to change the oil every once in a while on a 4 stroke to keep it running good. I've never owned a Banshee, I just hear that they wear parts out very quickly. Ask somebody who owns one.

Old 08-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: TrailBreaker70
I understant what you mean. But even if it is based on the Trailblazer, the TrailBlazer will still lose to a Warrior pretty badly. Your Trail Boss is so modded it might stay close to a Warrior though. Personally I would never buy a 2 stroke. I like the power, but I like just having to change the oil every once in a while on a 4 stroke to keep it running good. I've never owned a Banshee, I just hear that they wear parts out very quickly. Ask somebody who owns one.
Im not trying to argue but i cant resist. My tboss is so modded it "might" stay close to a warrior!? I have owned, smoked, killed, and beaten stock warriors I have even raced one with full exhaust and a k&n filter and still beat it just not near as bad. and im not only based on a tblazer i might as well be a tblazer all i need to do to make my tboss a tblazer is switch plastics heck FMF makes the pipe i got for the tblazer. they dont say anything about the tboss but it fit cause there the same bike. sorry if im souning so arguementative again im not saying the tboss/tblazer is a better quad its just not a slow as you think. I think im souning kinda rude so to end this politely thanks for the input. so it sounds like im gonna have to decide between reliability or speed or save more money for a yfz to kill myself on.

Any one who has actually had a banshee what wore out what was unreliable? cause if its expensive stuff thats needin replacing I might just have to go for the reliabilty.

Old 08-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man, I'm sorry if I made your quad out to look like it isn't fast. I believe it will beat a Warrior. I'd say (if it's really an option) save up and the get the YFZ to kill yourself on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]