Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CFM Lowering Kit....the RESULTS are in!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 09:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CFM Lowering Kit....the RESULTS are in!

To anyone who thought about lowering your Raptor.....DO IT! With my CFM Lowering Kit, and turning the shock linkage over, my Raptor handles like a dream. No more tipsy feeling, and it's definetly a better looker because of the lowering kit.

The only set back...you will probaly need a full chasis skid plate system, and A-Arm skids wouldn't hurt either. But the handling is 100% better then stock. It takes no more then 30minutes to add or take off the lowering kit. That's front and rear. Maybe 10minutes to take off or put on the front kit, and about 20 minutes to turn the shock linkage around.

I definetly recommend it, and pictures will be posted soon.

CFM Performance
7350 North Lapeer Rd.
Fostoria Michigan, 48435

Phone = 1-989-795-2550
Fax = (989) 795-2590

Price for front lowering kit Raptor = $55.95(shipping included)

Old 08-14-2003, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

Have you jumped it or hit any hard bumps. How does it feel?

Old 08-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

how much do you weigh..........and how close did it put you to the ground?

Old 08-14-2003, 11:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm 6'0, 180.

I dropped the bike down from a wheelie a couple times and it didn't feel stiff or anything. Felt normal. I haven't jumped it because it's not recommended. But a buddy of mine has the same kit(he recommended it to me), and he has hit several small jumps, and it never did any damage. You just have to be careful without skid plates because you sit kinda low to the ground. And bottoming out on mid-size or big jumps would be very easy to do.

But the handling is incredible. It helped it a ton, and the overall appearence is great. As soon as I can get some pic's I'll let you guys check the awesome new quad. I love this bike!

When I sit on the bike I have about 8 1/2 inches of travel on the front...when the bike sits with no one on it, I have 9 inches of travel in the front.

But the kit is very easy to take on and take off, so if you want to jump it you would just have to remove the kit which takes no time at all.

And as for the question of lowering the rear end...all you have to do is flip the shock linkage with the grease fitting. You don't have to turn it upside down, just spin it. That will drop your rear end...takes like 20 minutes to do.

Old 08-15-2003, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Be carefull and Starky don't seem to go together too well.
Sounds like a good deal for ice racing, I may have to try it.
For you Southern boys that doesn't mean "who can get to the ice machine first.

Old 08-15-2003, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

lol Starky

Old 08-15-2003, 09:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

For the price...it's well worth it. It's a great deal, and anyone considering lowering their Raptor should use the CFM kit. It's price nice, and the results are awesome.

Old 09-21-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

on the front, do the drop brackets attatch to the top or bottom of the front shocks?

mine came in 15 mins ago(at work)and I haven't even had a chance to put it on my quad........

they said that it would be in (overnight) friday so I paid 20 bucks for shipping....and they ended up geting here just now.....(sunday).......whatta rip!

Old 09-21-2003, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

That sucks about the shipping, man. I would be calling either the company or shipper to get some dough back.

Old 09-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

yeah it really pisses me off.....cuz that is one of the main reasons that I didn't go to the Texas Sand drags.......everyone backed out on me....but hell I was gunna go by myself until the damn shipment didn't come in......
it was shipped USPS and the guy at CFM said it would be in FRIDAY

I ordered it Monday and the guy said it would be there tuesday with my regular mail.....and come Wednesday and it didn't come with my regular mail that day.....so I got pissed and called them back and they said "there is something wrong with my card" and I know damn well there is nothing wrong with my card........I had like 2500 in that debit account.......and I told the dude that.....and it turns out the moron wrote the number down wrong.......
so he said that it worked BUT "it is too late to send it out today (wed) but I will send it usps overnight tomorrow and it will be there with your regular mail on friday" I was no longer mad.....I was just anxious to get my stuff that I had been promised for almost a week now........

Friday morning the mail was delivered and guess what.....it wasn't in the mail.....
so I called them back and I talked to the guy that I ordered it from and he said he would see what the problem is and he would call me RIGHT BACK.......come 2:30 he hadn't called back so I called them back and talked to a women and she said that she would check it out and call me right back (she acted all serious)
and I sayed at work until 6:30 waitin on one of the f@ckers to call back and they never did.....

I got to work today at 12:00 (SUNDAY) and they USPS mail lady walked in with it at 12:30......

now that I'm through venting....can someone tell me where the blocks mount?....(top or bottom or front shocks?)

Quick Reply: CFM Lowering Kit....the RESULTS are in!