Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Any Georgia riders in the house?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Georgia riders in the house?

Hondaracer, you could always ride that 300. I'd like to go but there's this little problem that I can't drive yet. Oh well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2003, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

lol, i cant drive either, i get my licence in mar. 12, i knew someone would bring up the ex,I wish i could ride her, but when i took off the tire, for what reason, i dont remember, then i let my friend tighten up the nuts and put it back on,etc, since the nuts on the honda are cone shaped, with the cone part tightening towards the wheel, he put it on backwards, accidentally. Well, when i was riding it, it started wobbling and i looked down at the wheel and it looked warped!. but what really happened was the nuts loosened themselves and flattened out the threads on the bolt. i took them to a friend/teacher/mechanic (all the same person), to get them re threaded.It was at the end of school and i forgot all about it since i rode the shee all the time and never thought about it. When school started i went to get them from him, he said he gave them to my friends uncle to give to him to give to me. my friends uncle said he never got them. so i just said the he11 with it and decided to buy the whole hub since you cant buy the bolts without the hub. i am still in the process of getting the bolts from a woman who owns a quad/cycle shop up on a hill,she said she has found four bolts and nuts for $78.00, better than buying the hub for $198.00. All i have to do is go to the shop, give them the $$$ and she orders the nuts/bolts.

Sorry for making the post so long, but you need all the details or you wouldnt understand what i was talking about.

Old 08-23-2003, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Try this. Weekend Stay

Old 08-23-2003, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

WHOA!! im going to have to go there sometime! how many mx track(s) do they have?trails?etc?!

Old 08-23-2003, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

BTW, that track at resaca, when you click "georgia motocross tracks" is the one i will be racing at.

Old 08-23-2003, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

Hondaracer I've been to Durhamtown twice and it is incredible. They have one big MX track and a pee-wee track and some drag strips but it is still centered around trail riding. The trails are everything from mud to rocks to hills to swamp to long dirt roads with jumps all along the trail. You can ride there all weekend and not cover all the trails. It's a great place. Last time we went there were over 100 people there and we only saw about 20 different quads the entire day.

Old 08-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Man! that sounds like paradise! Im definately going to go sometime. They cover all types of riding i like the best. Man i cant wait till whenever i get to go.

Old 08-23-2003, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

I forgot to mention, I saw Banshee's everywhere. Unfortunately the guys I go ride with prefer the mud, and a Warrior with the stock tires isn't the best for that. Especially when you end up on those dirt bike trails....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]. I had the most fun on the hills and dirt roads and mx track, or basically everywhere where there wasn't mud. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Have fun.

Old 08-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Range Rover

Im 20, honda racer.

And as for durhamtown, they are a bunch of money grubbing bastards.

Yah they have nice trails and 3 MX tracks and cabins. But Ive stayed there over a weekend, been there multiple times, and not once was it a pleasant trip. For one, 25$ is a rip off for only one day of riding compared to talking rock at 15$ or any of the forest service roads which are 5$.

If you do want to go there to check it out, make sure you do not go on the 3rd sunday of any month, thats when they have their harescrambles and its a total mess. They wont allow you to use the MX track, they block off trails, and still charge you 25$.

Im still going to talking rock arena on 8/24 tomorrow, let me know if anyone else wants to meet up there.

Old 08-23-2003, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

i live in ga. and go ridin about every weekend. i mainly ride behind my house but ive been to rec time and beasley and some other local places around here, with any luck ill be goin to beasley again this weekend anyone think they can make it?

Quick Reply: Any Georgia riders in the house?