Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ450 Race results

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ450 Race results

Well I went and bought the 450 the other day. I took it up to winchester bay Oregon and once it was broken in I did a little bit of drag racing. The bike sure did get a lot of attention and all of my races were results from people chasing me down and wanting to see what my bike can do. The first guy was on a stock z400. We raced 3 times and he was left about 5-10 lengths behind. Then i raced a bombardier 660, kawi V-force 700, banshee, and honda 400ex. All bikes except the 700 had atleast a pipe. The 700 was completely stock except with paddle tires along with all the other bikes. We raced 3 times. The first race me and the 660 left all other bikes behind. We were pretty much tied in the end. The second race I got a really good launch and I won by atleast 2 quad lengths with the 660 right behind then the vforce and then the banshee. The third race the 660 got a good jump and he and the honda were in front of me by quit a bit.

So far i love the bike. It has enormous power and handles well. Im definetly ready to put a pipe on it though. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 08-18-2003, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

I don't mean to be a d!ck but the Bombardier ia a 650... That's great to hear though...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2003, 12:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats great but, the DS is a 650. If the 400ex was still a 400cc quad and was able to beat you then you must have flipped over at the start, got up, rolled the quad back on its feet and took off again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL

Old 08-18-2003, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

yeah 650 is what i meant. For some reason i always say 660. Im not sure what the 400ex had done to it but it only kept up the last race. I am very new to quad riding so i didnt ask anyone any questions. I just hoped not to kill it off the start.

How should the 450 compare to a piped 650? I was expecting him to be faster.

Old 08-18-2003, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

wait till you get good at 2nd gear starts on the YFZ!!!! you will definately be kicking some major a$$ and everyone will be staring at your new ride.. just practice those a bit before you line up with anyone.

Old 08-18-2003, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

thanks for the tip. I didnt even know i could do that. I will try it out.

Old 08-18-2003, 09:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I ran one yesterday on my Raptor.....since my Raptor has more cam and compression than stock, it's not very fair. I am posting because I have read some YFZ's are spanking mild Raptors and would like too set the record straight. 15 lengths in 200 feet and pulling away fast. YFZ appears low, wide and long....looks awesome and sounds decent with the exhaust uncorked.

Old 08-18-2003, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garyc660R
I ran one yesterday on my Raptor.....since my Raptor has more cam and compression than stock, it's not very fair. I am posting because I have read some YFZ's are spanking mild Raptors and would like too set the record straight. 15 lengths in 200 feet and pulling away fast. YFZ appears low, wide and long....looks awesome and sounds decent with the exhaust uncorked.
If that's all you got (higher comp, cam & pipe) and you're not ported, come to Utah and see how low & wide mine appears from the rear heading up Sand Mountain. I'll give you as many looks as you want/need! If you are ported, there won't be 90' between us - probably neck and neck like the other ported, cammed, comped Raptor I ran w/ several times on the 9th.

selector

Old 08-18-2003, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: selector
Originally posted by: garyc660R
If that's all you got (higher comp, cam & pipe) and you're not ported, come to Utah and see how low & wide mine appears from the rear heading up Sand Mountain. I'll give you as many looks as you want/need! If you are ported, there won't be 90' between us - probably neck and neck like the other ported, cammed, comped Raptor I ran w/ several times on the 9th.

selector
sounds like that raptor wasn't jetted properly.......bout like mine..LoL.......
I drove a yfz the other day.......and I don't htink that it would out run mine and I am WAY off on my jetting.......(the jets are in the mail)

Old 08-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigScary
Originally posted by: selector
Originally posted by: garyc660RI ran one yesterday on my Raptor.....since my Raptor has more cam and compression than stock, it's not very fair. I am posting because I have read some YFZ's are spanking mild Raptors and would like too set the record straight. 15 lengths in 200 feet and pulling away fast. YFZ appears low, wide and long....looks awesome and sounds decent with the exhaust uncorked.
If that's all you got (higher comp, cam & pipe) and you're not ported, come to Utah and see how low & wide mine appears from the rear heading up Sand Mountain. I'll give you as many looks as you want/need! If you are ported, there won't be 90' between us - probably neck and neck like the other ported, cammed, comped Raptor I ran w/ several times on the 9th.selector
sounds like that raptor wasn't jetted properly.......bout like mine..LoL.......I drove a yfz the other day.......and I don't htink that it would out run mine and I am WAY off on my jetting.......(the jets are in the mail)
Exactly....everyone throws their money down and do not know how too jet their quad. IMO, this is why I have read about mild Raptors getting spanked by basically stock YFZ's....I'll bet some of these so called "modified" Raptors cannot run with a stock Raptor because the owner does'nt have a clue on jetting their machine. No....my stock bore Raptor is not ported. Selector, next time you see that guy tell him too PM me....we'll get him set up..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Quick Reply: YFZ450 Race results