Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Axle Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 03:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle Trouble

Ok here's what happened. The same day that i left my quad at my EX-friends house and he put beer in the gas tank he also rode my warrior into a ditch and bent the axle. I don't know if I should try to bend it back to normal or just try to put a new one on. If anyone has any suggestions or any special methods to bend it back i need to know. Well thanks for the input![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2003, 04:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default Axle Trouble

First things first…Kick your EX-FRIENDS A$$!!! Then kick his A$$ one time for me!!!…then just get new bars…[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2003, 04:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Axle Trouble

new bars ?

I know lonestar will straighten an axle, doubt u will ever get it useable again on your own...

Old 08-18-2003, 06:20 AM
Range Rover
Default Axle Trouble

I feel your pain man, I let my X-Friend ride my Raptor in agreement that he fixes/replaces whatever he breaks kinda deal... So whatever, first ride he just tears the sides outta my GYTR seat cover, no biggie, he's kewl with replacing it even though he says it's the cold weather that cracked it, and not any branches or the zippers on the pants he's wearing, so we agreed to fix that in spring so it don't get wreaked again... Next ride, he wraps the **** around a tree loosing it on a trail drifting off into deep snow and flips it upside down, smashing the rear fender on the pipe side almost clean riping it off, busts the front cowl plastic right up, bends the rear bracket into my GYTR carbon fiber silencer putting a split right under the bracket in it... We agree on splitting half the cost of Fullbore's, or full Factory outta his pocket and he's kewl with paying everything cept the Silencer cause I didn't point it out right when he did it? So he slimes outta that, I get pissed and threaten to take him to court cause he's taking his sweet a$$ time and coming up with any bill that has to come first come spring... Ends up, all he pays for is HALF of the factory, cause he tells me they weren't brand new when he crashed it, cause there was no way he wanted to pay half of fullbores due to the price! So I got jacked, he never paid for the rest, and went out and bout a Predator right after too! I had to get the whole decal kit and seat cover, pay half the rear fenders, and for the front plastic cowl and find a new silencer all outta my own pocket for letting him ride my quad? I can't wait for this dog to have his day, it'll come my friend! It may seem like he got away with it pretty sweet, but time will come, just waiting for the right opportunity! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Don't let nobody ride your ride unless you know they have the cash to pay, and you know they have the responsibility greater than a 4 yr old!

Old 08-18-2003, 06:22 AM
Range Rover
Default Axle Trouble

Oh yeah, bout the axle, take it off, pay your X-Friend a visit, and bend it back over his skull! Haha... Then drain your remaining gas tank down his throat, that should teach him a lesson... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2003, 06:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default Axle Trouble

My bad…I meant axle….lol

Old 08-18-2003, 08:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Default Axle Trouble

So Lonestar will bend axles, that sounds like the only option to me. Or just buy a new one.

Old 08-18-2003, 08:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Axle Trouble

Originally posted by: Aguywhocanneverbuyagoodquad
Ok here's what happened. The same day that i left my quad at my EX-friends house and he put beer in the gas tank he also rode my warrior into a ditch and bent the axle. I don't know if I should try to bend it back to normal or just try to put a new one on. If anyone has any suggestions or any special methods to bend it back i need to know. Well thanks for the input![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
How do your enemies treat you?

Old 08-18-2003, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Axle Trouble

I would just go with a wider, stronger axle and not fool with the bent one.

Old 08-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default Axle Trouble

east coast atv sells straight used axles fairly cheap. check out thier web site click

Quick Reply: Axle Trouble