Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Enough with the bullsh#t, line'em up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 04:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enough with the bullsh#t, line'em up!

I have heard from Dealers, and other riders that the YFZ450 can beat a Banshee In a drag.I want someone to tell me the truth, because I am very stuck on which one to buy.I appreciate It.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2003, 04:26 PM
p3o
Range Rover

im sure they will have a shoot-out in dirwheels soon with them.

I rode one last week and all i have to say is that the 450,banshee,raptor all run close.

Old 08-18-2003, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

if you want to drag race.........get a shee and put a lil money in it.....
if you want to mx.....get a yfz
what else?

stock for stock.....I think the yfz may out run the shee........
but as soon as u put a lil in the shee.........bye bye thumper......

Old 08-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

The 450 IS NOT!! a straight line drag bike. It's meant for the mx track and some trails. Its like comparing apples to oranges.

Mike

Old 08-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

I want someone to tell me the truth...
Good luck.

If you want to haul **** straight up hills, the Banshee is the only way (didn't take me long to figure that out). Want to haul **** up hills and keep up with most bikes as well as tracks/trails get the YFZ. I considered both, but figured I have an easier time keeping the mods ($) under control w/ the YFZ.

Maybe wait for the Honda. I've got no beef w/ Honda (see my sig). I just was ready to buy quads when the yami came out.

Uhhhh, check that - ain't got no sig here. I also have an '03 CRF450R.

'03 CRF450R...

selector

Old 08-18-2003, 04:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Last week my buddy went to test his DS720 built machine and he said that his bike was running real strong then out of no where a blue and white YFZ450 pulled up to the drag and blew the DS away!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I dont know what he had but that bike ran real good.

Old 08-18-2003, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

someone spanked big baja at pismo,dang that sucks..

Old 08-18-2003, 07:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Not too bad but BigBaja did say he was a CHEATER>>>>>>>!!!

Old 08-18-2003, 08:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigScary
if you want to drag race.........get a shee and put a lil money in it.....if you want to mx.....get a yfzwhat else?stock for stock.....I think the yfz may out run the shee........but as soon as u put a lil in the shee.........bye bye thumper......
After spanking a YFZ yesterday on my mild Raptor (HARD)....reality has sat in. Now, I feel it's fast for a stocker......low, wide, long, and excellent for the "package" it is represented....an mxer out of the box. Excellent atv. I remember atv mags claiming the 400ex had 40-some hp when introduced...they all take a hit when introduced too the public though.....but the YFZ took virtually no hit IMO.

Old 08-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

I don't own either as my sig shows. I am not selling my Dale so I am unbiased. My Bro owns a 450. I was on it for my first time for 20 seconds and some 18 yr old twig says you wanna race?? I was at Saint Anthonys Idaho on Thunder Mtn. YFZ has lid off and peashooet out, that's it!! Banshee had Toomeys and individual filters. I'm not swapping spit w/ him so I didn't care to ask what else he had done and didn't care as I thought I would lose.. He challenged me!! I beat him out of the hole by a bike length and held that lead up the hill. This is w/ 20 seconds of seat time. I was still trying to adjust to the feel compared to my Dale and didn't even get a chance to go through 3-5th gears on my 20 seconds of adjustment. I watched my 210 brother beat Banshee after Banshee w/ pipes. Yes, Banshees have unlimitied potential as far as your credit card will bankrupt you, but you will need carbs at the least and if not that you'll need to go into the motor for porting or whatever you desire..

Quick Reply: Enough with the bullsh#t, line'em up!