Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Streetbike motor in golf cart??? Anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 01:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Streetbike motor in golf cart??? Anyone???

Over the 4th of July weekend while at the Silver Lake Dunes I saw a golf cart with a street bike motor and it was sweet!!! It would pull a wheelie at any speed it appeared. With wheelie bars or something I don't see how it could lose in a sand drag. I want to build one and I think I have a donor golf cart. I've seen misc street bike motors with all the electronics and stuff on ebay, but I wondered if anyone had done this. Is there a website or anything with tips or input. I REALLY want one of these, and if you had seen it you probably would too. Think about a GSXR1000 or R1 motor in a friggin golf cart!! GEEZ!!!! Anyways, let me know if any of you have done this so I know what to expect.

Old 08-19-2003, 01:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

if i lived near u i would help up put the motor in the golf kart

Old 08-19-2003, 03:13 AM
p3o
Range Rover

I never really put any thought into that. But after Thinking about it that would be crazy them things are so light they would be the rats @ss.

Old 05-07-2005, 02:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Check out Mini Sprint dirt track racers they use R1's and Busa engines, you could use these ideas to adapt to a golf cart

Old 05-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

i built a golf cart, with an extended frame, 57 chevy fins, a woddied out look, stereo, and so forth. got a bed in the back, with a connecting motorcycle trailor, chopped to pull right. i am now going to put my motorclcle motor in it. its a v65 magna motor, 4 banger v formation, around 150 hp. i tell ya this, couse of the mods needed. first off, i found a cart with a c channel frame. i can box that in easy. second, i had to strech the frame 2 ft to fit the motor in it. most important is the rear axle. my cart has an automotive style rear end in it, with universals and all. yoke in the middle and leaf springs. the rear end will need to be modded to hold up, and thats the problem!!! how do i go about modding a golf cart rearend for a beefier setup? lol. this is why i havent put the engine in yet. with the right frame, the alignment would be simple. my engine comes with a shaft drive( can it get any better? lol) and i made room for it.
get the right golf cart, have a welder, cutting tools, a pipe bender( for the roll cage) and a place to make your modded drive shaft, and you will be good to go. by the way, if ya figure out how to mod the rear end, let me know, lol. i dont want to spend a grand on the rear end, lol.

Old 06-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Some early Taylor Dunn golf carts had Ford 9 inch rear ends, the pulley was mounted right on the pinion shaft, you could remove the pulley and fab a u joint cup for your drive shaft, I'm sure it would take any punishment you could give it.