Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How to increase low end on a Banshee?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2000, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IF you want ALOT of low end and are not worried about overall performance get a 2 into 1 pipe with a boost bottle and gear down to a 13 tooth in the front. i like all around power so i am getting pro curcuit pipes, duncan pyamid valves, and a pro flow kit.

Old 05-30-2000, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

i can understand your worry about the noise level of the performance pipes. i myself am partial to toomeys and i think the last time i checked the nois level was like 95.2db. pretty loud!!!! but well worth the sacrefice for the amount of power u get back ...like night and day difference..as for the cool head.. find somebody who is familiar with a milling machine. a few simple measurments and ur stock head will work twice as good as a cool head for half the price. only problem is once its cut theres no changing it back. measure twice ..cut once!!!!

Old 05-31-2000, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

The 2 into 1 is a GREAT woods pipe, but it stinks up on the high end.

If you can work a cluth and don't mind riding around all day with your fingers on the clutch, gets some toomeys. Hills can be a pain, but with some clutch work (IR double pumping to get the revs up), you can do just about anything, gobs of power up on the high RPM side.

I also have the pro-design cool head, with the small 17cc domes. You have to run racing gas with it (105 octane or better) but damn does it scream.

I am thinking about getting some bigger domes to lower my compression, I hate spending 3 bucks plus on gas...

Just my $.02
Brad

Old 06-01-2000, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

The top two ways of increasing low end is compression and timing. A cool head will give you more compression with a smaller dome, around 19cc would be good for a stock engine. Then get a pro design timing advancer. advbance the timning 4 or 5 degrees. These two mods will make a very big difference. I have never used a two into one pipe, but from what i hear they are the real deal as long as you dont plan on going over 4th gear. A sproket chenage will not make more power, but will shift the curve into a more usable range for your style of riding. A good set of tires can also help a bunch. Reeds can help, but their advantage is minimal. The fmfs are good for torque, but they suck bad for everything else. You really cnat find a reed cage that flows more than the stock one that has been modified.