Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

to shee or not to shee?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to shee or not to shee?

i have thought about getting a used modded shee, but theres just something comforting about knowing youre the first owner, and that nobody has had the chance to screw it up. and i dont want to waste money on a bike with parts i dont like and plan to replace just cause its cheaper. i want it new and untouched. even if it means i have to wait a little longer. i mean it wont matter that much to me til next summer anyway. so ill just have to see what happens.

Old 08-25-2003, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

Let me add my two cents here, I have what I consider a fast Raptor that gets to 84 real MPH in a heart beat, but after riding a friends 310R and just last week a piped and midly ported banshee for the first time last week Iam almost ready to sell and buy a 2-stroke, let me add that both where sliding off the seat exciting rides, and with all the money I've droped in my Raptor I still can't beat any of the two just mentioned.

Old 08-26-2003, 12:18 AM
Range Rover

Hiram that is alot of work to go 84MPH, what sprockets do you have on it?

Old 08-26-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bansheeguru
Hiram that is alot of work to go 84MPH, what sprockets do you have on it?
I agree......Mine would do 81-83 with my jet kit, no lid, K&N, and my southern engineered pipe.......

Old 08-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

supposedly a shee "wakes up big time with only a pipe". how much would it wake up with maybe some toomey TR6 pipes and silencers? in one graph they have it shows the shee puttin out almost 55 horses with a toomey pipe system. does that sound about right? that seems like a major improvement from the stock 39. is there a better pipe and silencer for a shee? im just trying to find out the true potential of my future shee. *prays for a shee* also, ive seen a lot of em with really nice custom paint jobs, i would like to get one someday, but i dont know who makes em or how much they cost.
and does anyone know anything about this? -

i heard somewhere a while back that some environmentalist group is trying to get banshees and other 2 strokes banned from production. is this true? and if so, how long do you think itll be til my banshee is no more? i just need til next summer to save up.

also, i heard that if you get a banshee that was made in california (from yams cally plant) that it will be way under par with a banshee from their colorado plant because cally throws a bunch of emissions cr@p on em so they pass. is this true too? should i get one shipped from colorado or if it is true, can i just take out whatever they did to it in cally?

thanx for all your input. at this point im 99% sold on a shee. all i gotta do now is wait and save.

P.S. i plan on eventually tryin to get my dad to get a raptor for himself, so i can borrow it once in a while. i mean whats the fun in 2 identical shees?

Old 08-26-2003, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

yeah I heard there were some people trying to ban all 2 strokes, but i wouldnt worry. think about how many people own 2 strokes! If they do get banned, it will be after a HUGE, LONG fight....and yea. I will be there fightin to keep em, cuz lets face it, they are all bad ***!

My raptor gets beat by shees a lot! But then I run them over with my truck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hehe

Old 08-26-2003, 12:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Johnny, My friends all paid between 5200 and 5500 for thier 03 shee's in Kansas city

Old 08-26-2003, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

between 5200 and 5500 brand new? and has anybody had any problems with theirs?

Old 08-26-2003, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

ur kidding, right?

Old 08-26-2003, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

My sprokets are 15/40 and like I said real mph from my GPS, everyone that ever tells me that they are doing 90+ or even 100+ when I GPS them they are still in the 80's and the 100+ mph guys are really in the low 90's on my GPS and they argue it's broken but I think it's pretty accurate from looking at it while driving my truck. One guy that swears he's doing doing 94 by radar just barely walks away from me on top end and when I GPS he's bike it said 85.1 which I belive is how fast he walks away from me 1 MPH. I dont know!!!!!!! Broken GPS???? .

Quick Reply: to shee or not to shee?