Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

to shee or not to shee?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to shee or not to shee?

i finally talked to my dad about this and he actually didnt get as freaked out as id expected. anyway, i just got a blaster which is definately an improvement over my honda recon, but i still want a shee. i asked my dad about it, and he actually said that we could maybe sell my blaster and my kawasaki kdx200 and get a shee. i just hope it all works out, but what do all of you think about a shee? i know its a he!! of a lot better than my blaster. i do mostly dune riding and some fast trails, but once in a while we do some slower tighter trails. hows the shees low end? i know ive heard there is none, but how many of you have shees and ride em in trails? my dad wants to get one too, but he'll have to wait, lol. and what about eventual customization? i know ive rarely seen a stock shee, but whats the market like for performance parts? also, if i was gonna get a new one, they list for 6000, but how much do you think i could talk em down? thanx

Old 08-24-2003, 08:49 PM
Range Rover

Banshee and bottomend power do not go together in stock form. The banshee isnt really as bad as everybody says it is in slow tight trails, but there are definantly better quads for those types of trails. Once you put a good set of pipes, an aif filter kit and remove the airbox lid, and rejet it definantly helps the bottom end. If your an experianced rider there is no reason why it wont be a good all around quad you just have to know how to ride it. And about the price I bought mine in 2001 and paid 6800 Canadian.came to about 7400 out the door.

Old 08-24-2003, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

and how much does that amount to in US dollars? and i had a feeling that people were hatin on the shees bottom end. also, what do you think about the cherry red powdercoat frame with white plastic? i mean i like team yam blue, but i love that red frame, only thing is, i know what happens to white plastic.

Old 08-24-2003, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

Yea its white kinda sucks but you just have to keep the sucker waxxed. Instead of both of you getting a shee you might want to think about a raptor or a YZF both are great quads and fit the bill about duning and trail riding and low maintanace. And its also a good thing if your shee breaks down you have something to pull it in with

Old 08-24-2003, 09:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

If i were u i would get a banshee i have a 02 banshee and i wouldnt trade it for any quad. there really fast and can out run most quads today so i would get one if i were u

Old 08-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

outrun? maybe in a small drag, it will get blown away in a full drag, but the shee is one crazy *** 2-stroke, i think its a great quad

Old 08-24-2003, 10:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

get the 04 shee w/ red frame and white plastic

Old 08-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

well we got some kinda complicated financial stuff goin on, so itll be a while til i can get anything. but i plan to have it before next summer. all i gotta do is save save save!

Old 08-24-2003, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

outrun? maybe in a small drag, it will get blown away in a full drag, but the shee is one crazy *** 2-stroke, i think its a great quad
WHAT? I think u got that twisted… a banshhe is all top end..

Old 08-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

blown away? only if its bone stock against a modified raptor or something.

Quick Reply: to shee or not to shee?