Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor engine assembly help, ASAP please

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor engine assembly help, ASAP please

Thanks everyone for all the great tips! I got it back together this weekend in time to make a local MX race. I ended up winning my first trophy ever! I got 3rd in the Quad C class. This thing is fast! I kept hitting the throttle after landing from a jump and it would pop right up on 2 wheels!

It is quite a bit louder than it was before. I have a friend that has a Raptor with a cam, 686, ported, and the same Yosh pipe as me and mine is ALOT louder. I can't figure out why.

It seems faster than before. Just cruizing on the dirt roads out on the farm in 5th gear it seemed to wind out much quicker. Just guessing it seems like it may accelerate as quickly now in 5th gear as it would in 4th gear before. One strange thing, it is really hard to pop wheelies now. I could do it in the grass before in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear, but now it won't wheelie hardly at all. I haven't figured out yet if it is because of an increase in power and the tires are spinning instead of hooking up, or if it is because of a loss in low end torque.

Anyway, I will make it to the dyno as soon as possible, and I will then post the results compared to before. BTW, I may race my first hill climb this weekend. Do you think I can make it without and extended swingarm?

Later,

RR1

Old 09-03-2003, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor engine assembly help, ASAP please

I bet the wheels are spinning well atleast I hope. Good luck and I'm glad to see that you got everything back together and congrats on the win!