Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

FMF, Why Garbage?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 01:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMF, Why Garbage?

I was interested in the FMF titanium setup for my Raptor but here so many people saying that FMF ain't so great but not backing up why they aren't great? Tell me why you don't like them, and what's a better just as light setup to run on my Raptor? I'm leaning towards a Yoshi Titanium setup after hearing so many dislikes bout FMF.... I had the hi-flo header, and the weld just let go where the pipes collect before heading into the silencer, not impressed... So why are they getting such a bad rep, but seem to be quite a big profitable company?

Old 08-29-2003, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

i run the fmf and it is way down on power on the raptor compared to all the other pipes.
their head pipes rust and they're basicly not worth a shi!. JMO!

Old 08-29-2003, 01:44 AM
Range Rover

I run the hi-flo with a GYTR Carbon fiber silencer, works great, but the system complete is falling apart... The silencer even isn't strong enough, and I need a metal setup... The fender bracket pushed into the pipe and cracked the casing of teh carbon fiber and blew alot of my packing out let alone the fact the spark arrestor blew out on my first ride with the screen in it! I was not impressed... It's quite loud of a setup as well... I want a nice setup that looks clean even when dirty like my buddy's yoshi setup on his EX.. Even when the quad is muddy the headpipe and exhaust is shinny without a speck of mud on it! I'd like titanium, I don't care bout the money, so all I have to choose from is FMF or Yoshi unless Yami makes a Titanium setup for the Raptor like they did the YFZ450.... I need a system that will last and is tunable with different size outlet and noise options, that's what I liked bout FMF, lots of accessories! Makes it more tunable!

Old 08-29-2003, 08:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I will say there are a couple people that have the FMF and like it. With that said though I HATE mine, whats left of it anyway.

reasons:
from day one the can has leaked everywhere,
the fit of the head pipe is poor at best,
where the collector is on the headpipe I have a dunch of welding slag/dribble,
one of the tabs that holds the end cap into the can broke off causing the cap to blow half way off,
and I also think its down on power (IMO)

FMF makes nice looking stickers but bad pipes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2003, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

I put a Duncan Paul Turner pipe on my LT 250 recently. Yep, I know, 2 stroke, but the fit and finish was very top notch. Way better than other pipes I have seen. I suppose all their stuff is like this.

Old 08-29-2003, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't personally used the fmf pipe.....but I have heard that they aren't the greatest 4 stroke pipe......
the fit and finish isn't the greates IMO